California Extreme this weekend!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
How was it? I live pretty close now, but it's probably way too crowded for me. I'm sure it was a blast though.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I swear the crowd gets bigger every year. Doesn't stop me from going back all the time tho'. I got in a coupla games of Big Bang Bar and Kingpin, so I'm happy.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
What was your impression of Kingpin? I've gotten to play it a few times in our league and found it fun, but bordering on too easy. I rarely have reached a wizard completion on tables in real life, but after only a couple of games I did just that on Kingpin. Didn't make it any less fun, felt really good in fact! Just wondering what your take away was. BBB I can't do anything on IRL.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I love Kingpin. One of the few machines I understand without reading a multipage rule sheet. Unfortunately, after years of TPA, my expectations of ball movement have been warped and my IRL skills are shot, so I like that Kingpin is easy. Not that you could tell if you watched me play.

On that note, Twilight Zone is SOO much harder IRL. Sheesh.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I had a pretty good run on Kingpin. It was fun. Hitting either of the ramps was not too difficult.

I also got to try Big Bang Bar, which folks seem to rave about. It was pretty good, but I guess I'd need to spend more time with it to see why people love it. I did not get to play Hobbit or Wizard of Oz!! Lines to these were just way too long.

I also got to play The Phantom for the first time. I really enjoyed this table, especially the mini table in the upper left that's more like goalkeeping than pinball.

I tried as many of the newest Stern machines as I could in preparation for STPA. Ghostbusters, Spider-man (really enjoyed this one), Lord of the Rings, AC-DC, and Star Trek, which I've played before but didn't last very long.

Unfortunately, I could only go on Sunday, so I don't know how the tournament went (you had to go on Saturday to qualify). Anybody know which machines they had for the tournament?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts