Centaur and Pin* Bot is now up on PSN

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
So has anyone else experienced weirdness with nudging on Pin*Bot while 2x scoring is active during multiball? It seems like its got 2x nudging too lol. Seriously the nudging moves the table like twice as much while the 2x mode is going as it does normally. As soon as one ball drains it goes back to normal..
Yes! I was wondering how I was able to shake the table so hard.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I've skipped the last 3 packs , or w/e since Attack From Mars
reasons:

Cactus Canyon and Central Park (it has Central Park so for $5 I get a table I'd like with a table that holds no interest for me , dealbreaker)

Dr. Dude and Firepower ( mostly poverty kept me from buying it , and Firepower didn't look that great)

White Water and Space Shuttle ( Centaur and Pinbot narrowly edged these out as my purchase , will probably buy these when Im bored and need new tables)

Centaur and PinBot are what I love about PinBall art , the flickering lights , trippy sounds , and disembodied voices from the table taunting you , at last a table pack with 2 great tables instead of what has been offered recently , FarSight stop trying to get us to buy older generic tables by stacking them with the more compelling tables , as a consumer I have my preferences and you're shooting yourself in the foot making me skip tables I want , to avoid the ones I'd never play.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
So has anyone else experienced weirdness with nudging on Pin*Bot while 2x scoring is active during multiball? It seems like its got 2x nudging too lol. Seriously the nudging moves the table like twice as much while the 2x mode is going as it does normally. As soon as one ball drains it goes back to normal..

Yep, I got the same thing. It's a REALLY violent shake during multiball.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I bought this pack last night. I'm liking Centaur more than I thought I would and I'm REALLY liking Pinbot more than I expected. I've hated the previous incarnations of Pinbot because of the frequency of cheap drains. I can't count how many games on the PHOF versions of Pinbot that I had entire games where I never even used my flippers. This one seems to have dampened that quite a bit, which is a good thing. It's still not a great table, definitely in the bottom half of the available ones, but still fun. And other than the upper right section being a little too pink, it looks fantastic.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Personally I find that both these tables are on the easy side. The discription for Centaur says for accurate players it will reward you I can see that the bonuses for completing drop targets etc in order give more for bonus etc. I only found out about it after reading the rule set. That said after playing 2 games I already completed the Wizard mode on Centaur. This was the only table that I recall that I did so in the shortest amount of time. Pin Bot I just need to get to the Sun for wizard mode but I haven't quite figured out how to get to the next planet quite yet without reading the table rules.

Still though I like Centaur only for the unique way Mutiball starts. It may grow on me so this table is my fav of this new pack. Great table pack but I enjoy playing Space Shuttle and White Water more plus Cactus Canyon and the others that I love so much.

I've skipped the last 3 packs , or w/e since Attack From Mars
reasons:

Cactus Canyon and Central Park (it has Central Park so for $5 I get a table I'd like with a table that holds no interest for me , dealbreaker)

Dr. Dude and Firepower ( mostly poverty kept me from buying it , and Firepower didn't look that great)

White Water and Space Shuttle ( Centaur and Pinbot narrowly edged these out as my purchase , will probably buy these when Im bored and need new tables)

Centaur and PinBot are what I love about PinBall art , the flickering lights , trippy sounds , and disembodied voices from the table taunting you , at last a table pack with 2 great tables instead of what has been offered recently , FarSight stop trying to get us to buy older generic tables by stacking them with the more compelling tables , as a consumer I have my preferences and you're shooting yourself in the foot making me skip tables I want , to avoid the ones I'd never play.

Which table do you have no interest in the Cactus Canyon/Central Park Pack? It looks like Central Park but wasn't clear. I don't care for EM tables like Central Park, Big Shot etc. so Cactus Canyon was a must for me because I love the theme.

You're missing out on Firepower. If you like a challenge I think Firepower is one of those tables. I didn't care for Dr. Dude.

As I mentioned above I've been playing Space Shuttle and White Water a lot. Extremely fun tables.

Centaur and Pin bot are cool but way too easy for my liking.

Can't wait till Whirlwind and Champion Pub and Flight 2000. Goin' nutts? Well looks interesting but it's in the pack so have no choice.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Personally I find that both these tables are on the easy side.

I'm finding it *way* easier to lock a ball in Pin*Bot than I've ever found it to be in any real-life Pin*Bot. The flippers are probably a little too strong and/or maybe the sockets are a little generous in terms of what type of shot will stick in 'em. Still not as easy as some TPA tables though so I suppose I can't complain.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Personally I find that both these tables are on the easy side. The discription for Centaur says for accurate players it will reward you I can see that the bonuses for completing drop targets etc in order give more for bonus etc. I only found out about it after reading the rule set. That said after playing 2 games I already completed the Wizard mode on Centaur. This was the only table that I recall that I did so in the shortest amount of time. Pin Bot I just need to get to the Sun for wizard mode but I haven't quite figured out how to get to the next planet quite yet without reading the table rules.

Still though I like Centaur only for the unique way Mutiball starts. It may grow on me so this table is my fav of this new pack. Great table pack but I enjoy playing Space Shuttle and White Water more plus Cactus Canyon and the others that I love so much.

Which table do you have no interest in the Cactus Canyon/Central Park Pack? It looks like Central Park but wasn't clear. I don't care for EM tables like Central Park, Big Shot etc. so Cactus Canyon was a must for me because I love the theme.

You're missing out on Firepower. If you like a challenge I think Firepower is one of those tables. I didn't care for Dr. Dude.

As I mentioned above I've been playing Space Shuttle and White Water a lot. Extremely fun tables.

Can't wait till Whirlwind and Champion Pub and Flight 2000. Goin' nutts? Well looks interesting but it's in the pack so have no choice.

I find no correlation between the difficulty of play and the difficulty of getting the goals. There are tables, like TotAN, that I find fairly easy to master and even finish the game (rescue the princess) but the goals took forever. The standard goal of HAREM multiball was particularly cruel.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012

You guessed correctly , CENTRAL PARK was the table that I meant to infer forces me to not buy Cactus Canyon , I'm a visually oriented person , so it's not about the challenges (I rarely complete wizard goals or in some cases standard goals) , I like the Bells and Whistles during gameplay , as for Firepower and Dr.Dude ? I was so disheartened by the Vita version of my KICKSTARTER premium funded STTNG , that Dr. Dude was the victim of my new founded indifference , I've uploaded 6-8 Youtube videos singing FarSight's praises , and then they got sloppy with the table packs and lost me , they have done some great revisions and improved the visuals , HOWEVER the damage is done , Twilight Zone is still tooo bright , and Funhouse still has black sidewalls inside the PS3 version , and it's one year later and counting for them to correct that .

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Anyone else experience severe frame rate drop/stutter/hicup on centaur when 5 ball multi-b is is activated? It was practically like playing in slow-motion...
Only when the trophy popped. Otherwise, it's been smooth for me.
I should note that I'm playing the 720p version.

I also got the slowdown on both Centaur and Pin*Bot right when the wizard trophy popped. It only lasted for about 5 seconds and then it went back to normal.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
You can turn your trophy notifications off. I did that because I could care less about those things...but I am not good enough to get the wiz trophies so I cant speak for that.

I also get the violent shake on PinBot. I think it's a camera issue. The ball seems to move as it would during any other nudge.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts