Android - Bug Crashing on Ghostbusters? Click here

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Hello everyone,

Getting a few crash reports for people on Ghostbusters and I want to try and get to the bottom of it.

If you have / are crashing at any point in Ghostbusters, please post here and give me as much detail as you can.

I want to get this resolved. Also, if you aren't crashing, feel free to post below and say so.

Thanks guys!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Just to get all information about it together in one thread, here again my bug report:

Device/OS: Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000) / Android 4.4

Bug Description: 4.4.2

Steps To Reproduce: Start Ghostbusters Table. Leave it with the Home-Button (Back Button doesn't work). App is still active in the Background. Start Ghostbusters Table again. Screen is black, after a while a crash message appears.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: Only solution: Kill the app in the Task Manager

I have also allowed several crash reports to be sent, when Android suggested it after a crash. I'm happy to help with testing beta builds which try to solve this.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Nexus 7.

I can start GB App, then press Home button to go back to Android desktop. I can see the GB app is active in background. Checking running processes in Settings->APPS its only appears as a cached process and not running app. I can then restart GB from the icon or the background task tab OK.

Never had a crash starting GB in this way. Sometimes the blue triangle within no ghosts icon is a little non responsive but no crashes.

HOWEVER in playing around with this I can reproduce the issue.

1) Start GB app in portrait.
2) Press Home.
3) Rotate screen so Android desktop auto rotates to landscape.
4) Resume GB app with device held in landscape orientation.
5) Black screen and GB has hung and needs killing. (might not happen first time, so press home again and restart GB again still in landscape....)

the bug I believe is in the area of screen rotation and how you detect the orientation and GB then fixing the orientation from home screen.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I did some further tests based on this: Seems it really has to do with screen orientation.

In noticed the following: I had auto screen rotation switched OFF at that time using landscape mode, but I wasn't aware of that. When starting GB I turned the tablet to display the game in portrait mode and GB actually switched to portrait (although it shouldn't in this mode). When closing the app with the Home-Button, the tablet would automatically switch back to landscape. Then, when I start GB again (it's not really closed, still appears in the Task Manager), GB tries to switch back to portrait and that's when it crashes.

The game doesn't crash when auto rotation is switched ON.

Last edited:

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
The game doesn't crash when auto rotation is switched ON.

No, with auto rotate on, I can get the app to hang 100% of the time with these steps.

1. Hold device in portrait mode.
2. Launch GB app, wait till Main Menu screen fully loads. Hit Home key to return to OS.
3. Hold device in landscape mode, and leave the device in this orientation for the rest of the steps.
4. Launch GB app. It comes up in the Main Menu, with orientation portrait. That's fine. Hit Home key to return to OS.
5. Launch GB app again.

You'll get a blank screen, until you give up and exit out.

tested on KK4.4 n7 2012, KK4.4.4 n5

Last edited:

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
This is all really great feedback guys! I may know what is causing the problem.

Thanks again!

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Pinball Arcade shouldn't have any rotation lock. Ghostbusters Pinball has rotation lock on the main screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.