Deadpool comfirmed

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'm voting no, actually. It just begins to grate when you say you're British and people assume English.

I was born in Scotland, but have lived south of the border now for longer than I lived north of it, so am a bit of a mongrel really.
I know what you mean though.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
After playing this table some more - this table is HARD! pretty unforgiving slingshots with very few safe return shots. And that centre shot! Who thought that was a good idea? I'm used to shots where a failed shot goes SDTM, but a shot where hitting it SUCCESSFULLY goes SDTM? That's got to be a design faux pas.

It's still a good table, but one of the less easy ones. Which is weird, because the same designer made Starfighter Assault, which is a lot of fun but pretty easy. Got very close the wizard mode on easy last night, but not sure if I'd be able to reach the other difficulties. Not unless there are pretty easy ways to get extra balls like A New Hope.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
And that centre shot! Who thought that was a good idea? I'm used to shots where a failed shot goes SDTM, but a shot where hitting it SUCCESSFULLY goes SDTM? That's got to be a design faux pas.

Just like Champion Pub, except here on Deadpool we get a lot more real estate before the ball comes SDTM. Don't have a problem with center drains as much as I do with unexpected bounces to the right out lane in particular. I found Star Wars Episode 4 a lot like this one with wild ball behavior around the outlanes.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Just like Champion Pub, except here on Deadpool we get a lot more real estate before the ball comes SDTM. Don't have a problem with center drains as much as I do with unexpected bounces to the right out lane in particular. I found Star Wars Episode 4 a lot like this one with wild ball behavior around the outlanes.

I've just got used to instinctively giving a feather's nudge (so not to trigger a warning) to the left in order to save the ball every time it comes down. Seems to generally do the trick. For some reason, failed shots to the right orbit end up going into that shot 90% of the time. There's a physics anomaly for you.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Trying so hard to beat the wizard mode on this table. One two occasions I have been one shot away. And that's on "Easy" mode. Don't think I'll go anywhere near the harder difficulties. This is a really tough table.

P.S. The main missions are the way to go for scoring on this table. Everything else is chump change. Particularly the Weasel and Blind Al missions...

One or two of the multiballs might be alright, but difficult to activate.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Trying so hard to beat the wizard mode on this table. One two occasions I have been one shot away. And that's on "Easy" mode. Don't think I'll go anywhere near the harder difficulties. This is a really tough table.

P.S. The main missions are the way to go for scoring on this table. Everything else is chump change. Particularly the Weasel and Blind Al missions...

One or two of the multiballs might be alright, but difficult to activate.

That's what I love about this table. You really have to work for your scores. There are no easy scoring opportunities like Yavin multiball in episode IV. Though Katana MB has some scoring potential it is not easy to activate mostly because of the shot needed and you have to do it 6 or more times. I love the challenge and the fact there is no easy mode like some tables Zen has in their library.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Well, I had the game from heaven and got 400M I'm now sitting at #2 on the PS3 leaderboards :) Shows how low scoring it is, though. I got 2 billion on Han Solo and that's #7 currently.

I was previously #2 on my friend list by only around 10M, so that was really driving me. I hadn't even broken 100M on the table before this game. I was determined to get the Wizard Mode, and said to myself "If I don't get it tonight, I'm giving up". Then I got it in a single ball! And I made the wizard mode last a LONG time. By that point the pressure was off, I had done what I achieved, everything else was gain. And I'd somehow earned three extra balls during the wizard mode (I think one for beating the modes, one for maxing the multiplier, one for random award. There are two more but probably not worth the effort). That mental state helped me keep pushing, got a really great Katana Multiball, went through the modes another one and a half times, messed up the wizard mode admittedly, but that wouldn't have affected my place on the leaderboards as #1 has almost a billion. But I moved every single person who ever played the game bar one down by one place. Satisfying feeling :)

Some tips:

Don't bother with increased difficulty. I don't know exactly what the benefit of that is. The score rewards seem to be the same (or very close). Maybe the jackpot increase is bigger. The only difference between the difficulties in terms of playing is the timer is shorter. And it's a tough table so you need to take your time with the missions. I got #2 just doing easy missions, so don't take risks here.

My overall strategy was to work through the missions primarily, but always lock the ball when prompted for Katana multiball (always check when a mission ends). You will get combos naturally over time. Some missions even require them. Pretty much every shot starts a different three-way combo but I find the easiest one is left ramp - right ramp - left orbit But Katana Multiball is the best scoring mode, dwarfing even the wizard mode. So chip away at it as you do the missions, which give you a steady stream of points, and also raise the jackpot. I had 10M super jackpots from Katana Multiball towards the end.

Practice the difficult shots - the right orbit and underarm shots are tricky. The ball often jumps out of the right underarm shot - if you have the reflexes, try snapping the flipper shut once it's in there.

The most drainy mission is mission #3 (or 4, if you're counting chapters), with the constant mini-orbit shots. However, there's a safe way to do it. From a trapped ball on the right flipper to the left loop, will 99% of the time return it straight back to the flipper. Which is also the correct flipper to get the left underarm shot. You can get through this mission pretty quickly and easily that way. Play it safe and don't try any other way - you have plenty time to set up the shot.

Ignore all other multiballs (unless you stack them with Katana) and modes - they are worthless! The sub missions are actually a pain as you're locked out of everything else for up to a minute, and have to do some tricky shots - can kill your mindset. The Headbang multiball is really weird - it doesn't seem to give you anything at all. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding it, but I beat the mode and it seems to be completely pointless.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.