Different FoV (Zoom) between DX9 and DX11 - Help needed

ChrisLIX

Apr 7, 2014
Hello everybody,

I am trying my chance here to get a solution on the problem I am dealing with since few weeks now.

I am playing Pinball Arcade in an Arcade Cabinet.
My monitor has been installed 90 degres clockwise because I play a lot of Pinball games so I prefered to have a portrait installation.

The resolution I have set is 1200x1600 in Windows and in PBA config panel.

I never had any problem in Dx9. Few weeks ago I decided to give a try to Dx11 and graphics are really better. The problem is I actually can't play in Dx11 because the zoom isn't the same as in dx9 in the same resolution... I tried the 4 cameras and no one allow me to get the bottom of the playfield.

Here's the difference :

In Directx 9 :
dbdadkb.jpg

In Directx 11 :
g7Tws3d.jpg

Is there a file I could edit to get the correct FoV (ZOOM) in DX11? A shortkey to zoom out?
I tried to install the Camera Addon found on the website but it's more appropriated for Dedicated pinball cabinet.

Thanks for your help,

Have a great day!

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
make sure you haven't set your windows font size to be more then 100% in your display properties..it affects the camera mod, might be related.
if not try hitting alt enter a few times see if that helps.
sounds like an aspect ratio issue..the game doesn't like anything but 9:16 in portrait honestly

ChrisLIX

Apr 7, 2014
make sure you haven't set your windows font size to be more then 100% in your display properties..it affects the camera mod, might be related.
if not try hitting alt enter a few times see if that helps.
sounds like an aspect ratio issue..the game doesn't like anything but 9:16 in portrait honestly

Thanks I will check the font size soon.

It's just weird that PBA deals perfectly with my resolution in DX9.

I'll let you know if I find something..

frostyarcade

Apr 15, 2015
Yeah this has been an issue with TPA dx11 since introduced on PC. The gameplay screen is locked at 16x9. Last I heard it was a game engine issue. Maybe it will be corrected one day... In the meantime you can play with the resolution settings to achieve a decent letterboxed view, so you can at least see the flippers while playing.

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
set it to 1080 x 1920 or an equal value say 1600 x 2880 either one of those 2 resolutions will work fine in dx11 portrait mode and you wont get that "letterbox" effect as the game engine will fill the screen, if ur display and gpu can handle 4k 2160 x 3840 also works. have fun.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
set it to 1080 x 1920 or an equal value say 1600 x 2880 either one of those 2 resolutions will work fine in dx11 portrait mode and you wont get that "letterbox" effect as the game engine will fill the screen, if ur display and gpu can handle 4k 2160 x 3840 also works. have fun.

This is incorrect. If your monitor has a res of 1920x1200 the game will never work without letterboxing in portrait mode due to the cameras. I don't really understand what the problem is here for farsight since DX9 already has the perfect camera positions for both of the main widescreen aspect ratios available today. Why can't we get that in DX11 as well?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.