Request Difficulty Settings

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, I want this.

We've been asking for this since before Pro Mode was implemented too. I'd kinda forgotten all about it as there was zero traction of it actually happening. This, the light slider, online mode, I file these all under the "things FarSight would like to do", which roughly translates to not gonna happen anytime soon. If ever. Buy the next table pack.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I disagree, fix game -ending and game-altering bugs on all tables first. Then worry about difficulty settings.

I think T2 is the best table on TPA right now. Isn't my favorite, but it is fast, yet playable and I don't feel ripped off on any drains.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yep, I want this.

We've been asking for this since before Pro Mode was implemented too. I'd kinda forgotten all about it as there was zero traction of it actually happening. This, the light slider, online mode, I file these all under the "things FarSight would like to do", which roughly translates to not gonna happen anytime soon. If ever. Buy the next table pack.

Yeah...I fear you are right.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
with PS4 coming out in less than a month I think everything just got pushed to the bottom of a loooong priority list.

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
I would give my right arm for the ability to alter kick out power/randomness. On real tables, if you hold up the flipper during kickout you'll usually hit slings or it will go over slings and in danger of outlane. In TPA holding up the flipper is a safe catch on most tables, which makes things really boring.

Of course, with more random kickouts it's be nice if we had live catching, because that's the best (but hardest to pull off) way to handle a tough kickout.

That would completely change my White Water strategy of doing just that with the right flipper, though. :D

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Add my vote for this, too. I wasn't aware that most tables had difficulty settings, but I knew they had options for tournament mode and such. I'm not even sure how I feel about leaderboard implementation from the outset anyway... give us the option first, then nut all that stuff out later.

I'd love to see tournament difficulty as well, given that I want to practice for tables I might encounter IRL with those rulesets.

While we're at it (I guess it kind of fits under difficulty) I'd like to know if we'll be able to perform live catches, flutter the flipper etc. I wouldn't have thought it'd be hard to implement but it would make *such* a difference in how higher-level people play. As it is though, there's a big difference between being able to do that IRL and not in TPA, makes it difficult to do things like jailbreaks (making ball management during multiball modes a damn sight harder than it should be).

Oh, and spin. Subtle ball spin, plz :D

But given that the FS guys don't seem to have much time between pushing out table packs and working on other platforms (hi PS4!) I'm fearful like that poster earlier was... there's a very low chance of us seeing them in the next few months, if at all.

Yep, I want this.

Yeah, what he said ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts