Ever have one of those days?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Where every ball finds the outlane early. Every shot hits a divider. Every multiball ends with all balls draining at the same time.

I just went thru 4 different tables and they all treated me like a b*tch tonight. I'm going to bed.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
the pinball gods have many worshipers. they can't watch every game. i'm sure they will bless you again soon.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Yeah, on those days, it seems like the outlanes take up half the table - one bounce off the slingshot is certain doom. Plunge, slingshot, outlane.

I guess it's the pinball gods way of telling you to lay off the pinball for the day and just enjoy something else....

Of course, you could always take off the glass and block the drain :) Thought spiting the pinball gods...

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
i sure have had my share of games / days like that . if i get a day like that and after a couple "warm up" games the pinball gods don't nod i give it a rest.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I have one of those days every time I play Pinbot. That game was not well designed. I'd say one out of 5 attempts is playable and then I reach at least Jupiter. Go figure. No fault of TPA, the real table is even worse.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Conversely, I have had days where I break my scoring records on multiple tables in one sitting. When you're on fire, I try and run with it.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
It also usually happens when you have a really good ball and about to get some hard-to-reach goal. All you need is one shot... except now all you get are outlanes.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
TAF and TMNT do this to me something fierce, at some points the freaking ball doesn't even touch the flippers one bit! Plunge it, into the bumpers, suddenly hurtles across the table, and into the outlane.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
Where every ball finds the outlane early. Every shot hits a divider. Every multiball ends with all balls draining at the same time.

I just went thru 4 different tables and they all treated me like a b*tch tonight. I'm going to bed.

if the machine is beating my butt from left to right. im okay with that.... shoot sometime I welcome it (big shot). the only time I get pissed (at myself) is when I make mental mistakes.
such as: why did I nudge left when I clearly shoulda nudged right, I coulda done a dead flipper pass there and then made the shot, or even how could I of not realized I was X amount of shots away from stacking these modes but I chose to go with the simplest route.

the great thing about pinball is, gravity is always gonna win, but its so fun trying to halt the inevitable.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts