Request Fireball (Bally 1971)

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I have been playing this table in, um, a different emulator, over the past few days, and now I am dying to see what TPA makes of it.

I didn't know some of these features existed so early. Kickback! Spinning table disc with rollovers around the edges! Captive ball! Multiball! With variable number of balls yet! Skill shot! AND zipper flippers.

It's so much fun in the sort of half-assed Visual Pinball version - oops, there, I said it - that surely a TPA version would be five thousand times more fun.

P.S. I'll bet one of Rudy's hot dogs that there's already at least one thread specifically discussing/requesting this table, but this forum's search engine stinks and there's only so far I'm willing to page back.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Love the 1971 version of Fireball. Great skill shot, zipper flippers, multiball, the disc that is pure chaos, classic sound, and top notch art. Yeah, it's amazing that it was done in 1971. Good games for me on this pin are rare, but even crappy games are fun and make you want to play it again. My wife and I couldn't play it enough the last time we saw one.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
During the last community table choice poll Fireball was up there as one of the tables, and made it to the final round. But Xenon won - so that table was created. Paragon was a close second. And Fireball was a distant third.

I do hope they make it. It's a great EM table with some nice features to keep each game interesting. And we don't have a game with zipper flippers so this would be a great first one to have that.

I got to play Fireball II earlier in the year and that was pretty good as well. There's a neat manual kickback between the two flippers. Plenty of drop targets and a nice sound package to boot.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
yeah, it's one of the special EM games that's worth preserving.

Unless there's a very neat gimmick, ems aren't gonna sell well. fireball has many of them.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I don't see what's wrong with Fireball. Played it at ReplayFX and it was a great game. Hoping to see this one coming in.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.