iOS - Bug game keeps changing my ID and losing all my scores and points

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Hi guys

i'm a Brit who has a real life pinball table collection but they're in my freezing garage so i also love to play on TPA on my iphone.

my problem (and i have searched and also emailed Farsight but both without any joy) is that after racking up loads of points, my game has decided that i am not me but a different user, so most of my points have gone. it even lists me in 'my' friends list.

i think the problem may stem from the fact that originally i registered as shirleyknott, but then later re-registered as my real name. also that my facebook account is attached to a different email address to the one i then registered under.

when i open the app it says 'hello yoshiposhisushi' at the top.
when i open the leaderboards and select game centre, it correctly says i have 4077 points
when i open the leaderboards and select farsight it says i am shirleyknott and have way less, and i can see myself (Daniel Bradford) as one of my friends.

(in between taking the picture with the 3979 points, and the one with 4077 points, i squeezed in another game where i earned 98)

what is going on, can anyone help?
if it really cannot be fixed then all i really want at this stage is a clean slate so it doesn't do this to me again further down the track. it already messed up and lost all my high scores at least once before a few months ago.

itwelcomesmeasyoshiposhisushiandlistsshirleyknottandDanielBradfordasmyfriends_zps0fe9686e.png
DanielBradfordhas4067pointsthatisme_zps66d7b4b5.png
itthinksthisisme_zps05ff7696.png

thanks fellas

one more thing - in the process of trying to fix this, i've saved some files on my laptop then deleted and reinstalled the app. how come there are two almost identical versions? and i have redownload each and every table in both versions? what's going on?

photoPNG_zpsddac9291.png

Last edited:

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
surely the paid one should go on top of the free one though? or they'd have a different icon or something?

it's daft. i downloaded them both and played the same game quickly in both to see what happened: in one game i have 9 points, in the other i have 11. surely it can tell i am the same person playing?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
surely the paid one should go on top of the free one though? or they'd have a different icon or something?

it's daft. i downloaded them both and played the same game quickly in both to see what happened: in one game i have 9 points, in the other i have 11. surely it can tell i am the same person playing?
Actually, they are two separate apps. Not too long ago the two versions couldn't share tables, and inattentive/unaware users would find some of the tables in one version and the others in the other. Thankfully that got fixed.

Since you already have both, I would determine which one's the paid version, keep it, delete the free one, and then re-download any missing tables (in the main menu, Options > Manage Tables > Update All).

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
thanks for the tip, i will do exactly as you suggest ..... first off, how do i differentiate which is the free one?

edit: never mind. i took a 50/50 and deleted one, then checked the app store to see which one wanted to be installed. ok so i now only have the one app, that's good thank you. any advice re the multiple usernames/reset scores issue? should i just suck it up and get on with it? i think so.

ralpheatingpaste2_zps98b21163.gif

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You can back them up using iExplorer to your computer, then try loading each one into the game and see if it works as you want it to.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts