Gibson Guitar

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I'd like to give a Hell Yea to Gibson Guitar for comming out with there new government guitar made from the wood that was taken by the US government after SWAT teams raided there factories. After spending over 2 million in legal fees they got there stuff back.
This is what our elected officials think is important.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I'd like to give a Hell Yea to Gibson Guitar for comming out with there new government guitar made from the wood that was taken by the US government after SWAT teams raided there factories. After spending over 2 million in legal fees they got there stuff back.
This is what our elected officials think is important.

Yeah, I've followed it quite a bit. In all fairness it sounds like they definitely knew they were sourcing wood that wasn't quite compliant with the lacey act but on the other hand the wood was not held up by the country of origin and it got into the US without any customs or inspections issues. At that point they should be free and clear as far as I'm concerned. Plus at this point it should be put to use or the wood goes to waste and then what was the point of "protecting" it? Probably the most expensive wood they've ever paid for since they had to buy it twice.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Couple that with the fact that typically a guitar, especially a well made guitar is something that isn't disposable, and a good, long-term, not wasteful use for wood.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.