Bug Goals Not Registering

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Since the very first version of TPA, we've been hearing complaints of goals - both standard and wizard - not registering when completed. It happens across all tables. It seems to happen across all platforms. Whether it's the Standard Goals on Funhouse - where I had to complete EVERY goal at least twice to get them to register or the Wizard Goals on CFTBL where I got hosed on "Move Your Car" or the Lyman's Lament goal on Monster Bash where it doesn't give you credit if you use code, we've all seen it.

Farsight, I know you have bigger issues to fix, but this one is incredibly annoying. There's something obviously inherent to your architecture that causes the goals to not register since, like I said, it's across all tables and all platforms.

Tabe

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
We trigger the goals based on events like sounds and displays on the DMD. There are 2 things that can mess this up.

1) If there is a sequence of events on the display that you can skip by pressing the flippers, can cause you to skip past we use to trigger the goal.
2) We try to find events that happen everytime and are accurate, but sometimes if you accomplish a goal a different way those events may not happen the same.

We will do our best to improve this.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
yeah for lymans you have to hit it 44 times not use the code if you want the wizard goal ;)

for me on xbox360 the only goal not registering so far has been the special on monster bash... during multiball that is, in normal play it checked...

and btw you have to finish the game when you complete a goal... if you complete a goal and then quit, it doesn't save your acomplishment(s)

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
We trigger the goals based on events like sounds and displays on the DMD. There are 2 things that can mess this up.

1) If there is a sequence of events on the display that you can skip by pressing the flippers, can cause you to skip past we use to trigger the goal.
2) We try to find events that happen everytime and are accurate, but sometimes if you accomplish a goal a different way those events may not happen the same.

We will do our best to improve this.
I appreciate the reply. This is the first time in the literally dozens of times I've seen this issue raised that some explanation has been given as to why it occurs. Based on your answer, however, this is definitely an area that needs further exploration as the current implementation is simply not up to snuff.

Tabe

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I appreciate the reply. This is the first time in the literally dozens of times I've seen this issue raised that some explanation has been given as to why it occurs. Based on your answer, however, this is definitely an area that needs further exploration as the current implementation is simply not up to snuff.

Tabe

Welcome.

When we implement the goals we try to find every instance that triggers it. Sometimes we miss a specific sequence that makes it act differently.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.