Gottlieb Target Pool - A Stand Up Target Dream

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Hey guys. It's been a while since I've really posted anything. My wife and I moved this past summer and I was a little pissed about that whole Xenon thing. Anyway, I was able to get back to some work on one of the three games I have left in my garage to repair. This is a 1969 Gottlieb Target Pool and, man, is it a great two inch flipper shooter's game! Bowen had mentioned it in one of his C2C cheat sheet segments about how nudging is very important for collecting all pool balls at the top of the playfield.

I bought this game off of an elderly gentleman who was related to a friend of mine. He wanted some cash but didn't want to deal with a bunch of craigslist crazies coming to his house. I offered a fair price for him and me and he accepted. The big thing I had to do was strip the latex overpaint that was done to the cabinet and light box WITHOUT removing the factory paint underneath. Here's a link to the pinside thread that I did on the game for anyone interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-target-pool-how-much

Here's a link to a gameplay video I did as well. Not great but it is tough to play when you have a camera on a tri-pod sitting in front of you.

As always here's a few photos of the finished game.

greenshot

image upload no compression

free photo upload

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to make a vid. Looks like some frustrating fun. Those little flippers can be maddening.
Nice job as always. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Wow, those are some amazing pics and the video is great too! Do you have more pinball pics here?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Wow, those are some amazing pics and the video is great too! Do you have more pinball pics here?

Yea, just check out the "real pinball" section for topics I started. Thanks everyone for your kind words. A lot of work goes into these games to get them to play well again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.