Guess I might as well join the fray!

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Hello fellow flipper-holics! I've been reading your excellent fan forum here for a good 3/4 months now...getting your input on the new tables, getting news and info, seeing if you guys experience the same bugs :rolleyes: lol...scoring tips and so on...and have been quite intrigued and entertained by the banter this pretty tight knit pinball community seems to engage in! Ill give you guys as short a background without babbling as I can... (forgive me, it is sat night and im on a 3 day weekend...spirits are flowing here at home lol )

Born in 75' and my first memory of video games was pong on a itty bitty black and white tv back when I was....5/6 or so? I remember getting atari (Frogger and River Raid were my favs!) not too long after...lol...and (well times were different back then) going outve the house for an afternoon, hours at a time, (yeah nowadays I know were my kid is at all times..least I think I do :p) down to the nearest shopping plaza or mall arcade (remember how arcades were everywhere back then? Even the local convenience stores had a machine or two! At least here in Chicago area...) and dumping quarters into the machines. Now admittedly, i started as a video gamer, I wasnt as familiar with pinball...the majority of my quarters went into Asteroids...Pacman....Joust...but I did throw a few in those wierd machines with all the metal ramps and lights..crazy loud noises...I specifically remember Blackhole, Gorgar, SpaceShuttle..anyhoo..years pass...

I of course grow up with all the consoles through the years...but I lost the passion in my early 20's when my son was born...priorities took over ;) but he's 14 now and couple years back he started gettin real good at the console's so I got my own to show him the ol' man can play some games ( oh how good it feels to put a 14 year old, who is quite good at vid games, in his place, lol...dont get me wrong though...little punk hands me my a$$ sometimes) My last console was a ps1 and I barely played it (early 20's..busy chasing...other things ;) ) but I got my ps3 about 2 years ago...and late last summer I found (dont cringe guys lol) Zen Pinball....then I found TPA...and ive been hooked ever since.

I dont necessarily have a favorite (anymore)...some days I want that arcade/fantasy play aspect Zen has..and somedays I want the simulation...and nostalgic feeling I get..ftom TPA. I love em both! Anyway...I have questions and such....I spose ill mosey my way over to the repective threads soon enough to ask my questions!

(And I will most definitely be in the hockey talk thread...as u can see by my avatar....3-2 Detroit up? Were hungry for Calamari in Chi Town! )

Last edited:

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Thanks Kevlar....btw may I ask what I did wrong with my post? I thouht the title was going to be "Thought id join the fray" but its 0...lol...and i cant seem to edit it...haha

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
welcome to the these hallowed halls where sounds like ding ding ding and release power orbs and destroy centaur are heard and of cause reentry has failed and gorgar's i got you !!!!!

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Hello. Always happy to meet another pinball nut. I welcome you.
And so does your ENTER key... to break things up into paragraphs ;)

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Thanks guys and Sean for fixing my title...and yeah I fixed that now Jutter...as tipsy as I was im surprised my spelling was halfway decent lol :p

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks guys and Sean for fixing my title...and yeah I fixed that now Jutter...as tipsy as I was im surprised my spelling was halfway decent lol :p

At least you use punctuation! the main thing I hate on forums and the internet is people not using commas and full stops, it makes me feel like I'm getting out of breath and I'm only reading!.:D

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
remember how arcades were everywhere back then? Even the local convenience stores had a machine or two!

Welcome!

This line made me smile :)

We used to have corner shops with Robotron's, Pheonix's, Galaxian's and the like, crammed into the corner with a bit of trellis around them to partition them off!

Also had a record shop with a separate upstairs area with a Battlezone, Tron and a Hyperball machine :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts