Hello!

Thnikkaman

Sep 28, 2012
Hey guys, nice to meet you. Name's Clinton, and my Leaderboard name is Thnikkaman (it's a homestarrunner.com reference.)

Anyhow, I've been fascinated by pinball for ages -- I grew up in a bowling league here in Memphis, TN, and my bowling alley had a gameroom full of pinball machines in the 80s. (Said bowling alley is defunct now, but that's another story.) My fondest memories of pinball are from when I was 8 or 9 years old -- the first machines I ever played were F-14 Tomcat, Pinbot, and Taxi. Man, do I love Taxi. My first experience with Farsight's Pinball sims were PHoF Williams 3DS and PHoF Gottlieb on PSP. I got PHoF 3DS specifically to have Taxi on the go. Imagine how stoked I was when they announced the Pinball Arcade! The difference between it and the Williams and Gottlieb collections is night and day, if you ask me.

Other games I've played in real life are The Getaway: High Speed II, Fish Tales, The Addams Family, The Sopranos, Demolition Man, Last Action Hero, The Amazing Spiderman (Gottlieb), and I think I've played Big Shot, even! Seems like I remember the City Museum in St. Louis, MO having two or three EM tables and Big Shot was one of them -- I can't remember, but I know it was pool-themed.

So far, I am loving the selection of tables on TPA -- my favorites are probably Black Hole, Gorgar, and Taxi. I really like the old-school tables, because I am a fan of all things retro. In fact, I am currently #11 on the Black Hole leaderboard! (I don't know how I got there unless they've reset it recently...)

Games I want to see added to the Pinball arcade that haven't already been confirmed:
Haunted House (the videos I've seen really intrigue me)
Strikes and Spares (Gottlieb) -- Sure, it's not a pure pinball experience, but I am a league bowler and I played the heck out of it on the Gottlieb collection
Central Park -- Again, played a lot of this one on PHoF. I love it because it is so very challenging.
Genie
F-14 Tomcat
I know it's a huge longshot, but some time down the road I wouldn't mind the Play Boy bagatelle from the Gottlieb collection, along with that collection's payout mode. I found it quite addicting because you could nudge the heck out of it to influence it without tilt penalties.

Well, that's about all I have as far as an intro goes. I'm not the best pinball player out there but I do love TPA, and I have bought every available table on iOS, Android, Mac, and Vita. It might sound like overkill but I feel like it's been worth every penny.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Welcome to the funny farm man, im doctory hairticus and ill be admitting you today! Yay!

Sorry man welcome

Thnikkaman

Sep 28, 2012
I forgot to mention, I came here to get away from the constant whinging on the facebook page... No offense to anyone on here but the EU PSN complainers were starting to drive me up the wall (though I do feel bad for them.) I've been lurking for some time to keep an eye on update releases and I like what I have seen of the discussions going on here.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I forgot to mention, I came here to get away from the constant whinging on the facebook page... No offense to anyone on here but the EU PSN complainers were starting to drive me up the wall (though I do feel bad for them.) I've been lurking for some time to keep an eye on update releases and I like what I have seen of the discussions going on here.

refer to FaceBook page when ever you want to appreciate what the FAN Page community here , has to offer.

karl

May 10, 2012
Welcome good Sir. You seem well trained in the art of Pinball. Glad to have you on board. Have a good time!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.