Request Hold off the DLC & fix the bugs

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
I'm starting to have to agree with this sentiment. It seems like keeping up with the monthly releases is already becoming difficult because DLC 5 is already off from this. I've done beta testing on both new builds put out for the android version and it seems that they are just so rushed they're making simple mistakes. Tables I enjoy playing seem to get messed up with different releases (physics become off, items missing from playfields, etc...) and new tables come with bugs. I know its nice to have the continuous money stream coming from new tables being released, but I think they will start losing players if the tables keep having bugs that make them unplayable. I think no matter what this game is going to have its core players, people who really love pinball and want this to succeed, and a much smaller group of people who like it the same way they like angry birds. In the end i think the core group would rather have accurate tables at a slower pace than a whole lot of tables that don't play well.

dontworrybehap

Sep 3, 2012
I agree with original post. So far I've only purchased bride of bot and taxi. Both have bug issues that actually force u to quit the game.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
In the interest of actually making this game playable (and, enjoyable to play), I'm going to bump this initial request to the top.

There are a million things wrong, and I'd rather play a 'finished' product. As the current tables stand, I don't feel like I'm playing a finished product, or even a finished product with bugs. It feels like I'm playing a damn beta version.

Honestly, step it up guys. I don't even think they read this forum anyways. They don't even have someone to handle PR/their website. Their website lists consoles that aren't even being used anymore! (umm GameCube?)

So, are you saying that you would rather them have an up to date website than release tables every month? If they were to wait until everything was bug-free, we would have no Pinball Arcade on any system yet. Remember that with Pro Pinball a new table was released every 2 years. Sure I've not run into too many bugs with Pro Pinball but most of us want content and we've had to only wait a couple months for bugs to be released.

Not to mention that with every table release, the releases are getting tighter and much more feature rich. They then find ways to put the improvements that they have worked out into the older tables.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Bugs in games is not new. For years AAA titles have come out with huge bugs. Often the same bugs that they had during beta testing and some were never fixed. Also you make it sound like everyone that works on the games is capable of doing bug fixes. I'm sure they must have some people who work on art and design etc. I think FS has been doing a much better job fixing bugs than many companies that are much larger.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Bugs in software are a fact of life. They happen. My favorite platformer of all time, Sonic 2 has bugs. My favorite RPG series, Elder Scrolls ( as you can probably tell by my name ) is known for being loaded with bugs. Demon's Souls has bugs. See where I'm going with this?

I'd like to see you guys take on a large project such as this and see how long it takes you to get it all bug free. Down to the last crumb. Until then, grow up and deal with it. TPA is still very enjoyable and addictive even with all the bugs.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I'd like to see you guys take on a large project such as this and see how long it takes you to get it all bug free. Down to the last crumb. Until then, grow up and deal with it. TPA is still very enjoyable and addictive even with all the bugs.

Grow up and deal with it?
This is a company selling us a product and that product doesn't work right. I see absolutely no problem with wanting (and expecting) them to fix it. Especially when it has this many problems (specifically the Vita version).

As for the original post: Yes I agree. I would like them to fix all of the tables we already have (and paid them for), before trying to sell me more tables that are just as glitchy and broken.

1976mrk

Sep 7, 2012
Grow up and deal with it?
This is a company selling us a product and that product doesn't work right. I see absolutely no problem with wanting (and expecting) them to fix it. Especially when it has this many problems (specifically the Vita version).

As for the original post: Yes I agree. I would like them to fix all of the tables we already have (and paid them for), before trying to sell me more tables that are just as glitchy and broken.

As someone who has not purchased The Pinball Arcade yet, but is interested in the Vita version, I can tell you that reading these forums has me wary in purchasing the game in its current state. The fact that Vita bugs in particular, from what I've read in the Vita version forums, have been present for months, has me especially concerned.

I know Farsight has a set an ambitious goal in re-creating pinball machines for so many systems, and I can see the passion they have for pinball. I want The Pinball Arcade on Vita, I really do. But it somehow seems things are not just staying the same, but actually getting worse.

Yes, new DLC is crucial for revenue and continued operations, I know. But I think at the rate things are going, Farsight would be well advised to address and fix current bugs, and it will go a long way in getting continued support from pinball enthusiasts.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
As someone who has not purchased The Pinball Arcade yet, but is interested in the Vita version, I can tell you that reading these forums has me wary in purchasing the game in its current state. The fact that Vita bugs in particular, from what I've read in the Vita version forums, have been present for months, has me especially concerned.

I know Farsight has a set an ambitious goal in re-creating pinball machines for so many systems, and I can see the passion they have for pinball. I want The Pinball Arcade on Vita, I really do. But it somehow seems things are not just staying the same, but actually getting worse.

Yes, new DLC is crucial for revenue and continued operations, I know. But I think at the rate things are going, Farsight would be well advised to address and fix current bugs, and it will go a long way in getting continued support from pinball enthusiasts.

Here is a post that I made over in my bugs thread in the PS Vita section that pertains perfectly to this post:

My original intention with this topic was not to dissuade anyone from purchasing the game, but to outline all of the bugs in a concise way to aid the developers in correcting them. It needs to be understood that fixing bugs in the PS Vita version is probably not the problem, it is most likely the complicated distribution through PSN. I do have faith that these problems will get rectified since tables like RBIoN and ToM have relatively minor problems and play fantastically. FS has already shown with most of these tables that they are fantastic developers and are giving a superb pinball experience. However, the lack of communication from the developers in the PS Vita section seems a bit disheartening to the fans of TPA on this system. Out of all the tables that have been released so far, only CV has real problems and MM needs some work. I would suggest to go ahead and get TPA on the Vita in its current state since it is a very playable state and has potential to get much better.

I would also add BoP to that list of tables that are sketchy to play simply due to the fact that the transparency issues make it impossible to see integral parts of the playfield (ie. the right out/in lanes as well as the associated extra ball lights). I still do not regret my purchase of the game for the Vita because the sheer amount of potential the system has with this game is very obvious. The only thing keeping it from reaching that potential are the bugs which can (and hopefully will) be ironed out quickly.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've made my opinion known in various threads related to this topic, so why stop now?! I want content. Pure and simple. The only bug that caused me to not play a table was for the PS3 update 2.01, which caused major slowdown on RBION and ToM. Other than that, everything is playable, yes even BH when it had the gates issue. But ultimately, I want content.

Few years back, when Zen first came to PS3, there were the release tables and that was it. It was an eternity before a new table came out (SF II or Ninja Gaiden, can't remember) and it was a title I wasn't interested in. It was months before another title came out. They went so long between title releases, I lost interest to the point I completely missed the launch of Marvel Pinball. And before you say the Zen tables at least don't have bugs, for me there is a major giant one when it comes to display. My tv doesn't do 720p, only 1080i which Zen (in all their games, not just pinball) doesn't support apparently cause my game downconverts to 480, and then letterboxes the screen thus squishing the image horizontally. Does it take away my enjoyment? Yes, but I play through it. How many of us play VP, and are they perfect? No. What about PBHOF? Plenty of bugs, scripted tables, and yet everyone raved about it.

At least with TPA I have been seeing fixes. Game is not even a year old, it'll get there. My experience with it has all been PS3 based. Bugs and all, game is so addictive to me I haven't touched another game on my system since I first downloaded it at launch. So give me content. Those that want a break so they can fix the games, vote with your wallets. Just know I'll be voting with mine too.

1976mrk

Sep 7, 2012
Here is a post that I made over in my bugs thread in the PS Vita section that pertains perfectly to this post:

I would also add BoP to that list of tables that are sketchy to play simply due to the fact that the transparency issues make it impossible to see integral parts of the playfield (ie. the right out/in lanes as well as the associated extra ball lights). I still do not regret my purchase of the game for the Vita because the sheer amount of potential the system has with this game is very obvious. The only thing keeping it from reaching that potential are the bugs which can (and hopefully will) be ironed out quickly.

Yep, I was the one you responded to with that post.

I'm certainly not trying to insinuate that TPA for Vita is not worth purchasing. My concern is that the bugs seem to be increasing, not decreasing. Whether the delay in patches is due to Farsight focusing on newer tables, other platforms, or if the Vita itself is tricky to debug, I do not know. But you are absolutely right, the potential for the Vita is great.

I wonder if the upcoming European DLCs will also have bugs, perhaps their release might coincide with patches?

Members online

Members online