Interview with Tim Arnold from PHOF

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
http://gamerhorizon.com/an-interview-with-tim-arnold-pinball-hall-of-fame/

I got a kick out of his comments about virtual pinball:

Part of playing games is the social aspect of leaving your ****ing house, getting off your ass, unplugging your Xbox, going out to the bar, experiencing real live music, getting into a fight, getting your car keyed, and having fun instead of sitting on your couch and getting everything virtual. I look at these little fat dough boys that come in here that are 16 years old that don’t get out and do anything! Their whole life is a ****ing Xbox and I say, “Grow up, become a man, play a man’s game, play pinball!” It’s masturbation for 14 year olds and I don’t understand why you would limit yourself to only playing games on a computer. Go out and join a chess club! Go out and at the park where they have timed chess matches. If you’re not into basketball, if you’re not into full physical sports, at least get up off your ass and go out to a bar and experience night life as it was meant to be experienced instead of this sitting around in your house ****. The musicians tell you the same thing, the reason why the whole music industry is dying is that everybody gets it for free online and you’re not going to get any more breakthrough bands because nobody’s going out to the bars! I guess that’s just what the public wants.

:D

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Man that is an opinionated dude. ; ) I like his comments about all the dumb superhero etc themes these days. Evidently the interviewer didn't know he was *behind* the "Pinball Hall of Fame" games with FarSight (wasn't he?), so yeah he probably knows what they're doing. : P

Anyway if the Vegas scene goes anything like Seattle he'll soon be up to his ears in douchebag hipster kids rather than the video gamers, so that's something. = p

karl

May 10, 2012
Thanks for the link Jeff. Always fun to hear from Tim Arnold

He is a character :) A true pinball original.

To Anyone wanting more of him, check out the podcasts topcast did with him a couple of years ago for a few laughs ( Topcast show nr 4 and nr 51) http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I want to know where the place in Detroit is with 100 machines. I'd pay a flat rate to play all night. It's only a two hour drive for me.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Go out to a bar get drunk get in a fight get arrested then sit IN a box....FUN!

'Tis very fun until you deal with the lawyers. I probably turned a couple of people onto TPA during my last stretch.

Obi-Wan Kenobi goes to bars and gets into fights. That says somethin' right there.

I'm gonna hafta check out the hall of fame and meet Mr. Arnold one day.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts