IOS update delays.

Patmsb1

Nov 1, 2014
Why can't Apple update there apps in a reasonable amount of time? They must be very under staffed when a huge amount of updates come through. Google updates there Apps very fast!

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Anybody who is stil waiting for IOS "Safe Cracker" I would recommend finding a relative or friend with Andriod. I'am going to work tonight and play my Boss' phone and play as much "Safe Cracker" as I can before this weekend. It's awesome Farsight did one ( Kick Ass ) job on this table. Android for now is the only way I can play. "Game On Tonight" screw actually working it's Friday night for me anyway. I Love "Safe Cracker" probably my favorite table this season. I earned my first Token last night loved the animation as it rolled down the center of the table. Fantastic Job!!! Incredible table Farsight Family!!!

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Come on Apple, I want the new table! I think Safe Cracker is supposed to be in the tournament starting tomorrow so get your release going dammit!

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I sometimes wonder what Apple's app approval process consists of, or is even for...many of these apps (not pointing to TPA specifically) are released with obvious bugs and issues that the general public should not be exposed to nor have to deal with. Does Apple just say they "approve" them with a certain wait time and not actually do any review or approval at all? Sometimes, I really wonder about this.

Take for example the App Store itself...a game was released a month or two ago with a screen shot (under the game's description) that contained the four-letter word s**t. My 8-year-old son found it and pointed it out to me. I was shocked to see this in of all places, the App Store. I contacted Apple about it and got a reply stating that it was not their responsibility for this inappropriate content and that it was the developer's fault and that I should contact them. Really? Who "approved" the app with this content to be in the App Store again? Someone is clearly not doing their job.

Last edited:

timharrod

Sep 27, 2012
In contrast to the above, last month's update was up on the store for iOS the day of wide release. Why so prompt then, but now we wait a week? You would expect a first-come-first-serve policy to prevail, but this is a wild disparity between months.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
In contrast to the above, last month's update was up on the store for iOS the day of wide release. Why so prompt then, but now we wait a week? You would expect a first-come-first-serve policy to prevail, but this is a wild disparity between months.

Apple lost it :(

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
You know people have had it with these delays when they consider buying an Android tablet JUST so they don't have to wait for Apple!!!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Safe cracker is up! Just in time for the tournie!!! Also 9 tables where updated and the HOF restore is fixed. Thanks FS

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
This is my favorite table, hands down. I'm kicking myself in the foot for not playing the real thing when I saw it at a pinball expo. There was a line, but I could've played SC all day. About the coin collection, I think it's great that FS made that option. A little hard to see though. Might have to bust out the magnifying glass. Flipper physics are amazing, all the sounds are spot on, good job FS! This is one that I'll be annoying my friends about. And by friends, I mean my cat, I don't really have any friends

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Farsight I need your help.
I did the update on my iPad 3 played some games of Safe Cracker.
I closed app. then reopened it it said I was not logged in. I used my email and password still can't log in I reset my password still can't log in.
Here is the kicker it erased my HOF points to zero goals scores it's all gone for now. What happened with this update? I backed up remote today before I ever downloaded or managed the 9 tables to update. I was on a roll with high score and wizard goals. The thing is I can't log in period not even with password reset.
Help.....

Impossible to log in so I can retrieve saved data.

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Apple typically takes a week to approve. Except when they announce special events - e.g., when they'll hold approvals because they want to encourage development for a new IOS version or something. In this latter case, apps that take advantage of the new feature will have priority (and Apple will announce a deadline to submit to guarantee approval by launch day).

It's obvious Farsight did not have enough time to submit it Because when you submit an app, you can hold off showing it in the store after approval so you can meet a release date. So the app gets approved, and it's up to you to trigger its release. (You could also just have it show up when it's approved).

So given it took a week, most likely Farsight ran into trouble and submitted it basically Friday last week. Either that, or Farsignt's initial submission had a bug that they had to fix, which meant their initial submission got rejected.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.