New Challenges (Seasons 2-6)

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I have been playing around with the new challenges over the weekend, the ones added in the May 2017 update. Here are my thoughts:

Good:
- I'm really liking the way some of the challenges are "really difficult but achievable" - I spent a lot of time with the Season 2 Williams challenge, the first three tables are Firepower (min score 420,000 to proceed), Space Shuttle (1.2 million) and Pin-Bot (1.8 million). It's not unusual to play three games in a row of both Firepower and Space Shuttle without reaching those scores, due to house balls/outlanes, so it really adds tension and excitement when you're on your last credit and getting close to the target score. I have actually gone back to practice a few tables (Firepower, Black Rose) to be better prepared when doing the challenge, and that adds replay value to the game as a whole, nicely done.

Bad: the UI is extremely buggy in the current iteration (this is on Android and iOS)
- It doesn't always show your scores for completed challenges, doesn't reliably show "in progress" for those that are in progress and saved
- When you click a challenge it sometimes has the wrong title on the dialog (i.e., click Williams season 2, the popup may say "Season 4 Bally", but if you click "Continue" it takes you to the right challenge)
- The labels (this is on Android and IOS) don't tell you what season you are looking at other than for the full season challenges; you have to look down the list to the next full season challenge to figure out which "Bally" challenge you are clicking, for example
- Scrolling in the labels should remember where you were when you come back, right now it always starts at the top of season 1 challenges when you return to the screen using the back button. Not user-friendly when you just want to see what is in a specific challenge.

All in all this was a nice addition that adds more replay value. Now if we can get head-to-head going on mobile, it will add even more!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts