next years tables

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
everyone has their favorite tables, that's what makes this post insignificant and selfish, their are so many great tables yet to be brought into our homes, the simpsons, Indiana jones, comet, playboy, paragon, kiss... I've played a lot of pinball, but some of the machines that TPA has brought us are great machines that I never had the oppourtunity to experience in real life like monsterbash, attack from mars and the creature, one thing I've noticed though is the sound quality really has a LOT to do with playability, do you find yourself playing machines with premium sound quality more frequently then those with distorted sound?

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
everyone has their favorite tables, that's what makes this post insignificant and selfish, their are so many great tables yet to be brought into our homes, the simpsons, Indiana jones, comet, playboy, paragon, kiss... I've played a lot of pinball, but some of the machines that TPA has brought us are great machines that I never had the oppourtunity to experience in real life like monsterbash, attack from mars and the creature, one thing I've noticed though is the sound quality really has a LOT to do with playability, do you find yourself playing machines with premium sound quality more frequently then those with distorted sound?

Sound quality, or are you referring to sound design? Since technology of the times reflect in all the farsight tables, well.. I have to make sure I reduce the volume on stuff like Space Shuttle and City of Gold, Centaur etc. They are fun to play, and the sounds are appropriate, but if you turn up the sound too high, they can grate on ya. Now Ripleys, TOTAN, and other later models, I tend to turn it up!

So my answer is sound design can contribute to the play experience alot, yes.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Sound quality, or are you referring to sound design? Since technology of the times reflect in all the farsight tables, well.. I have to make sure I reduce the volume on stuff like Space Shuttle and City of Gold, Centaur etc. They are fun to play, and the sounds are appropriate, but if you turn up the sound too high, they can grate on ya. Now Ripleys, TOTAN, and other later models, I tend to turn it up!

So my answer is sound design can contribute to the play experience alot, yes.
----
Sound design definitely does make play experience a good deal eh.:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.