No more trophies for DLC packs starting with 16 on PS3 and Vita

Nick Kosmides

Apr 28, 2013
This is sad news indeed. Table Pack 16 for PS3 and Vita came sans trophies. FarSight Studios has told me this is due to Sony's ruling. They then went onto their Facebook page to signal the flares and let their followers (no Bacon) know about this.

Now forum-goers at PS3trophies.org are gabbing about it. Do you think this will hurt sales of future DLC packs? With Terminator coming next and Table Pack 18: Haunted House/Tee'd Off out on mobile, not to mention the rest of Season 3 and beyond, what solutions could we suggest?

I'd rather prefer a PSN-solution dealing with what we're already playing and have already purchased. Zen Studios has done some shuffling of their licensed titles. Maybe a similar shuffling action within TBA seasons would suffice. Instead of bundling DLC, re-release a new SKU for the base and Season 1, the base and Season 2, etc.

RJB

May 1, 2013
This is sad news indeed. Table Pack 16 for PS3 and Vita came sans trophies. FarSight Studios has told me this is due to Sony's ruling. They then went onto their Facebook page to signal the flares and let their followers (no Bacon) know about this.

Now forum-goers at PS3trophies.org are gabbing about it. Do you think this will hurt sales of future DLC packs? With Terminator coming next and Table Pack 18: Haunted House/Tee'd Off out on mobile, not to mention the rest of Season 3 and beyond, what solutions could we suggest?

I'd rather prefer a PSN-solution dealing with what we're already playing and have already purchased. Zen Studios has done some shuffling of their licensed titles. Maybe a similar shuffling action within TBA seasons would suffice. Instead of bundling DLC, re-release a new SKU for the base and Season 1, the base and Season 2, etc.

As I've said in other posts I really think the loss of trophies will put many (not all) people off of buying future table packs, Table Pack 16 is the very first table pack I've "NOT" bought and it's all because of lack of trophy support, I'll probably still pick up the likes of the T2 table and any other major tables, but unless they are a bit special I'll probably just stick with what I already have.

I'm sure there will be people still happy buying every table pack, but, I truly think Farsight rightly or wrongly will lose many sales because of this, a real shame, can't believe there's no way around this, seems quite pathetic on Sony's part if they can't come up with something to get around this issue, I hope Farsight have the sense to at least "try" and convince Sony to let them add more trophies.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Achievements ended many table packs ago on iOS due to the maximum 100 achievements being reached. I was gutted at the time and I probably do play a little less as a result.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
While I understand that many people like trophies and achievements I think most people who play TPA are playing it to enjoy recreations of some of the best pinball machines ever made.

Vorlon

Oct 1, 2012
The problem is I still have so many games to play, I might as well put my time in a game that also gives me trophies.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
No trophies is a bummer, but I find that it really surprising that people that are refusing to buy the packs as a result. They're fun and good for bragging rights, but they're a superficial layer on top of the game, don't affect the actual game in the slightest. The game will still be great, and you will miss out because you don't get little virtual badges out of it.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Maybe TPA gets another 1200 points when they start to release season pack 3. They can use more Bronze trophies (e.g. for the Standard Goals) or remove the "Highscore" trophy so this should be more than enough for a while.

Sony won't change anything if Farsight can't do the math. And to the trophy hunters, I wonder how many got the Wizard goals trophies for all the tables. THAT will give everyone enough to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.