Oculus Rift Support??

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Damn the price has been officially announced.
599 dollars or 699 euros.
I'm in Europe so 699 euros.

**** that, way too expensive...
I was thinking if it was like 450 euros I would maybe take one...
But nope...
Nope...

Yeah I was figuring in the $350-$450 range.

I want in but that price point is too high - even excluding the computer hardware upgrades I would want to make to meet the recommended specs.

Will be interesting to see how this sells in a few months. Suspecting it will sell poorly and the price will drop considerably then.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
This is a joke. They said a few months ago they want to keep it in the 300 bucks range.
Bummer.
Thought you already pay with all the Facebook mind control stuff they are building in
Let's see how the HTC vive will be doing...

Apr 8, 2012
This is a joke. They said a few months ago they want to keep it in the 300 bucks range.
Bummer.
Thought you already pay with all the Facebook mind control stuff they are building in
Let's see how the HTC vive will be doing...

I really hope Farsight is going to support Vive too. I will definitely get either Rift or Vive eventually, but I'm leaning toward Vive with the current information available on both. I'm going to wait and see after both have been out for a bit. Gotta save up that money too.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Hmm, it is expensive, but you get what you pay for, glad it's a premium product, not a watered down experience.

Look how much £1200 ($1800) would have got you back in the day.....

Noex's WIP "freeview" mod looks amazing btw, as did the original Oculus mod :)

Last edited:

mrhorseshoe

Jun 25, 2012
Got my DK2 out of the closet to try out Pinball VRcade but it looks like it isn't compatible with the 0.8.0 Runtime... :(

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Hope TPA VR mode will support 90hz refresh rate when its released like Pinball FX 2 VR mode does, makes a world of difference!!

rasterX

May 23, 2015
Check out Jeremy William's (from tested.com) pinball "cabinet" for VR, looks sweet, just need to add the lockdown bar:
https://twitter.com/jerware/status/714640961171623936

CerqKrLW8AAxZOT.jpg

CerqKssW4AAMq7_.jpg

Podcast from last week where he talks about the project (at 1:59:05):

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
As I posted a year ago: if this stuff really works and enough games / tables support it I will saw off the front of my cab, use it as a controller only, and sell the rest.
Definitely the best solution for people who lack the room for a full cab.
This thing is definitely lacking a real lockdown bar and the plunger, but I like the legs. Should be even enough room for some force feedback. If only more games would support DOF...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts