PS3 - Bug Odd behavior experienced during the current (April 15, 2016) tournament...

JayHarrison

May 10, 2013
I don't know if I should be reporting this as a "bug", but this is some rather... unexpected behavior.

I started participating in the current PSN tournament under my account name, "GreenPuyo", at about 5:30pm PDT this past Friday. At the time, I was listed as being eligible for the gold-level tournament. At present, with the exception of Genie, I have played each table at least once at that level.

Around midnight, I notice that my PS3 has been disconnected from the internet. Upon reconnecting the system, I check in to see how I'm doing in the current tournament. However, instead of being greeted with my name somewhere in the gold-level tournament, I'm somehow seeing that I've suddenly been dropped in to the bronze bracket.

I do want to point out that, I have both my PS3 and a laptop computer connected wirelessly to the Internet via DSL, and I was using them both at the same time when this issue started. Might it be possible that the data transmission between my PS3 and the modem may have been corrupted? If there's no possible solution to this issue, I'm going to withdraw myself from further participation from this tournament and let this anomaly play itself out.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
PSN players who have been dropped from gold to bronze level is unfortunately rather common.

The reason why it happens still stays a mystery.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Can you hook the PS 3 up straight to the modem with an ethernet cable? I have a PS 3 that I don't play, but I never noticed whether it had an ethernet cable input. You will get a better connection than WIFI, just IMO. :)

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I don't know if I should be reporting this as a "bug", but this is some rather... unexpected behavior.

I started participating in the current PSN tournament under my account name, "GreenPuyo", at about 5:30pm PDT this past Friday. At the time, I was listed as being eligible for the gold-level tournament. At present, with the exception of Genie, I have played each table at least once at that level.

Around midnight, I notice that my PS3 has been disconnected from the internet. Upon reconnecting the system, I check in to see how I'm doing in the current tournament. However, instead of being greeted with my name somewhere in the gold-level tournament, I'm somehow seeing that I've suddenly been dropped in to the bronze bracket.

I do want to point out that, I have both my PS3 and a laptop computer connected wirelessly to the Internet via DSL, and I was using them both at the same time when this issue started. Might it be possible that the data transmission between my PS3 and the modem may have been corrupted? If there's no possible solution to this issue, I'm going to withdraw myself from further participation from this tournament and let this anomaly play itself out.

You can contact our support team to help restore your standing at Support@FarSightStudios.com.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.