Old 1972 EM "Crazy Clock"

oldgiza

Jun 27, 2015
There's an old electro-mechanical pinball table that's being auctioned off, starting at $100. How high should a lover of EMs go? What would it be worth, do you think? I've never bought a RL machine before.

http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=586

The seller says "The back scoring glass appears to be hand painted and not original. This unit has been under our carport for several years. Has surface rust and fading. Plugged it in a few weeks ago. It lights up but only 1 flipper seems to be working now. Have had it running on singles only as I didn't know how to hotwire past the coin mech to get doubles going. Will need a lot of work to tidy and get it into good running order again."

Old Geezer

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
A fully functioning EM will go for around $400 or $500. And that's from Gottlieb, Williams, or Bally. This is Sega, with all the issues listed. Parts to fix it are going to be hard to come by as opposed to if it were one of the big 3.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I really don't know much about this machine. I've never seen or played it. But based on the condition, I doubt it's worth the $100 the auction is starting at unless the playfield is a nice clean example. As SYT stated most EMs don't go for a lot of cash even in working order unless it is a sought after or rare title. This could have a rat nest in the cabinet or anything else for that matter.
But I like the art on that Crazy Clock playfield. The layout looks Like a typical nice EM layout. Let us know if you buy it.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'd pay $0.05 for it, just for the backglass.

image-2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.