PC tourney 2015-07-31: SC, SpSh, WWind, Firepwr, Vctry, HH, Fl2000, JY

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
So I guess this is the final top 10 for Bronze:
QvZcvpE.jpg
Yay! Not often a pinball duffer like me gets to celebrate in one of these, but PBs on four tables (F2K, 1st with 7.1M; V, 1st by a distance with 83M; SS, 7th with 5.9M; FP 13th with 1.08M) helped - suspect they would have been nowhere on Silver though? Might have had a shot at the podium but absolutely could not keep a ball alive in JY or WW...

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Yay! Not often a pinball duffer like me gets to celebrate in one of these, but PBs on four tables (F2K, 1st with 7.1M; V, 1st by a distance with 83M; SS, 7th with 5.9M; FP 13th with 1.08M) helped - suspect they would have been nowhere on Silver though?
Hey TanCoul... in Silver, Fl2k 7.1M would've been #5, Victory 83M would've been #4, SpSh 5.9M would've been #10, Firepwr 1.08M would've been #16.

What do you mean by "PB"? Not Pin*Bot, probably?

invitro

May 4, 2012
So I guess this is the final top 10 for Bronze:

Can't wait to see how the competition in Silver will be. If Taxi and Funhouse are part of it, I may have a shot.

Thanks for posting the pic! Good luck in Silver, and I'd like to see Taxi & FH, as long as they don't take the place of our beloved HH, Victory, and SpSh, which better be in every tournament ever!

Shulk

Jan 22, 2013
Hey TanCoul... in Silver, Fl2k 7.1M would've been #5, Victory 83M would've been #4, SpSh 5.9M would've been #10, Firepwr 1.08M would've been #16.

Guessing it's "Personal Best"

karl

May 10, 2012
Had a bit of tournament fatigue this month. Only played about half of the tables in the ios tournament a couple of times. It was enough to stay in gold, but way down there.

Had one day I played all the tables in the pc gold tournament, 4-5 times on each and got to nr 2. Tried to get into it after that but playing the same tables as last month wasn't that fun so I left it alone for a couple of days.

Stepped in to check the scores on the final day and saw that I was not that far away from the nr. 1 spot (20 points) and decided that Whirlwind was the table I could do the most damage. I was at 68 mill at nr 3. Nr 2 was at 70 mill and nr 1 at 72 mill.

Had 3 games in a row at 69 mill and completely lost the spark after that, with low score after low score. Decided to take a break and have one last go at it. Finally got 76 mill, went out to the menu and found out that the tournament was now over and my last score did not count :( :(

Not sure if that would have been enough to take the victory but it felt like a whole lot of work for nothing. (PS! even less players in gold this month than last, but at least no cheaters)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I thought it meant Poodle Bisquit all these years. Actually I wouldn't mind victory again, just because I'm pretty good at it. Still, the tourneys are the only times I play it. I guess no matter what the choices are, it's not going to please everyone. My rant over on the other thread about Firepower got a little out of hand. That was right after the game-breaking bug happened during a good game, at least 2mil (ish)

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
Yeah, I'm getting into Victory now - before this tourney my high score was 21M - from the previous tourney... looking forward to silver now anyway, thanks to invitro's kind research above I'm starting to think I might be able to survive there :)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Here are the (nearly) final top 10 on each table in Silver...
(shots taken at 11:56 PM GMT)

wPXpR1w.jpg

8Y65d0a.jpg

TenkrTR.jpg

opIr7tj.jpg

vJvhbAW.jpg

B9GrcI2.jpg

fkLVV0i.jpg

m7315TR.jpg

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
[MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION], thanks for doing this as means of verification. I would rather be the one shining on top each tournament ;)

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
wasn't really feeling most of these tables this time, shame really I wish I could have got into it more, I was really busy this whole week tho which didn't help my head get in the game, I went and played all day at Flip Flip Ding Ding in seattle for a nite, picked up and began restoring my Harley Davidson `1st edition table (different playfield image only diff in editions I have noticed in comparison to PBA's version) and FINALLY got the inserts for my whirlwind table which is now almost fully restored modded and bad to the mofo bone! Oh well hopefully next month's tables are more to my liking cause if I'm not feelin the whole lineup it seems like I play crappy on all of them.....I didn't even do good on WW and I play it in my garage every day...lame cakes.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Irony is that Whirlwind was brutal at ReplayFX.

The one I played in Allentown was brutal - it was clean and shiny, too, so that may have been part of it.

I played one at Free Gold Watch in SF earlier this year, and it was pretty fair, both in condition (as I'd have expected) and in the way it played. I just messed up my last 2 balls and missed a replay by about 100K when it was a slam-dunk.

Going back 20 years, there was one I played regularly that was in good condition and played nicely. It was my reference for TPA's version, and at first TPA's version seemed to grade out harder, but I guess that was just lack of practice.

Whirlwind is one of the best-implemented conversions in TPA. Actually they really have the System 11 games down very well in general, I can't think of a dud except perhaps the tuning on BK2K - it should not be easy to loop that top loop.

Shulk

Jan 22, 2013
Guess Farsight took noticed at the PAF SUX scores because pinballwiz45b is #1 in the Silver tourney according to the newsletter.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.