Pinball Arcade with Direct X 11 on PC runs super slow...

Sirbarkz

Mar 28, 2016
I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop with Intel Core i3 - 8GB Memory.

Intel HD Graphics 4600

CPU Speed: 4170 (3.70 GHz)

My PC is installed with Direct X 12 my thinking is the Graphics card is the weak link or is it a combination of both the processor and the graphics card.

It looks great on DX9 but I know from other stills of the game(s) it can look better.

Thanks.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop with Intel Core i3 - 8GB Memory.

Intel HD Graphics 4600

CPU Speed: 4170 (3.70 GHz)

My PC is installed with Direct X 12 my thinking is the Graphics card is the weak link or is it a combination of both the processor and the graphics card.

It looks great on DX9 but I know from other stills of the game(s) it can look better.

Thanks.

TPA is very GPU-intensive. It has very large textures (typically 2 2048x2048 textures per table) as well as a lot of close-up high-detail objects that need to be in view at all times. Plus a lot of z-plane rendering fun.

An integrated GPU just isn't going to cut it. Your HD 4600 is way down the list of cards listed here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

I'd suggest starting to look at an nVidia GTX 750 Ti or better, but I don't know your budget and other gaming needs so I can't really recommend anything specific.

Sirbarkz

Mar 28, 2016
Thanks for the info I don't do any gaming at all on this PC so it's typically a non issue.

I play primarily on my PS3 so it's not a huge deal.

Appreciate the valuable information.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Go into Launch configuration setting and lower or disable...
MSAA samples
MSAA quality
Anistropy.
These three setting can really impact on the game if your system is not beefy enough, then you can enjoy the wonder of PBA in DX11.

Sirbarkz

Mar 28, 2016
Thanks Firefox!

That works pretty darn well!

I was thinking of upgrading the graphics card but with my Dell I'm concerned about overheating the way the case is configured unless I find a good card with a fan but even then I wonder about heat dissipation

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^^Plus if you are running a 1080p do not be afraid to drop it down to say 1600p, you won't see any real impact on the visuals, but you will see anothe little boost that will make your PBA experience a bit better.

But as Eldar said, you could at some stage buy a GTX750, very cheap card but also quite powerful for a budget card, and very good card power wise as it runs from the motherboard and not from your pc power supply, and you will not need to worry about any heating issues with this card as it is quite a cool card due to it's very low power requirments which is a staggeringly low 60 watts, cracking card all round.

Sirbarkz

Mar 28, 2016
Thanks again!

I dropped it down to 1600 and it runs very smooth much improved I think I will look into the GTX750 though.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Also the cam angle furthest away runs the smoothest. The closer the cam angle the more risk of slowdowns on some tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts