Positional independent DMD window now a reality.

Newer

Sep 13, 2015
Thanks alot from Germany for the Backglases and all your work in TPA..
many man Greetings to all the Pinball Fans out there around the World.....

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I set aside some time this evening to setup the new cam mod with positional DMD. What a piece of cake. All done in about 20 mins! Couldn't be simpler. I like how you can setup one DMD and save the position, and then copy these as the defaults for the others.

Thanks again. :)

L33

Aug 20, 2014
ya my source art was mostly lower res pics from other backglass files i've collected from various sources..just been doing alot of cropping and combining ect.
my monitors are 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 but they both display 1600x1200,
if you use irfanview to resize them to 1920x1080 if you don't want to change the resolution of your backglass monitor

edit: all the alpha numeric scores won't fit your dmd window perfectly..they were never built with the same proportians as DMD's right now best you can do is scale and position as large as possible with no loss. Tables like Centaur will be worse since those scores were actually on the backglass themselves.
NoEx would have to comment on the feasibility of stretching in one direction..might be a good topic for a specific feature request thread in the Camera Mod forum honestly tho.

also if you set the background wallpaper color of your dmd monitor black..or charcoal grey..you won't need to create a bezel

edit again! LOL Lets see a video of your progress L33! :)

Just realised what you mean by changing the wallpaper colour. However, Im not sure this will work which is why I didn't understand what you meant. When I change the background to black, you can still see part of the play field table in the dmd cutout, so if the moveable dmd doesn't quite fit at the bottom, part of the actual table shows. Not sure if there is a work around somehow? If there is, that would mean I could make the moveable dmd a little smaller instead of having to stretch it too far one way or the other, just to hide the play field table.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
change your monitor setup to be side by side now..that way the playfield extends but doesn't overlap your dmd monitor.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
change your monitor setup to be side by side now..that way the playfield extends but doesn't overlap your dmd monitor.

Just tried it...works a treat. What I lose in size I gain in presentation...looks miles better now. Thanks again...again. :)

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
what did you lose in size? i'm confused by that? if it made things smaller you can resize the dmd and right click and select save state

L33

Aug 20, 2014
what did you lose in size? i'm confused by that? if it made things smaller you can resize the dmd and right click and select save state

On my cab the dmd cutout is a set size. So when I placed the moveable dmd into the cutout it was never an exact fit as the dmd can't be free transformed. So I either had to really stretch it out which meant losing the sides but filling the cutout, or shrink it down to see it all but then you could see the stretched play field. Now the monitor is at the side so there is no playfield visible...this means I can shrink it down to correct size and all you see around the silver frame is the black background.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts