Bug Pro Mode Broken, Again :(

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
IDK if this is a matter of again or still, honestly. I reported this same issue on Android in May 2016 and it's happening again/still, but is also an issue on Steam.

Turning on pro mode overwrites local highscores - this isn't supposed to happen
Pro Mode isn't retaining ROM state - which it is supposed to do
Pro Mode isn't retaining secondary data (loop/ramp/combo champ etc) - which it is supposed to do.
Pro Mode isn't maintaining a separate and discrete local high score list - which it is supposed to do.

I'd report this to support, but reporting things to support@ is mostly an exercise in frustration as I have to explain to them how the program functions, and the last issues with pro mode I reported took over a year of reporting it every month before support was even able to identify that it was a bug. Then it took another 6-8 months after that for it to get fixed. Shortly after, Pro Mode was broken again with another update. :/
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]

Can there be some QA where the focus isn't solely on play testing the new release, but instead on assurance that new releases aren't breaking old features and tables?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
IDK if this is a matter of again or still, honestly. I reported this same issue on Android in May 2016 and it's happening again/still, but is also an issue on Steam.

- Which table did this occur on and what local scores were affected? Do you have anymore information regarding this issue?

- After altering the coin door settings, do you close the coin door or leave it open?
- Which settings are not saving and for which table? Do you have anymore information regarding this issue?

Pro Mode isn't retaining secondary data (loop/ramp/combo champ etc) - which it is supposed to do.

- Secondary data is not stored and has never been stored in TPA.

Pro Mode isn't maintaining a separate and discrete local high score list - which it is supposed to do.

- Separate leaderboards for Pro mode has never been a feature for Pinball Arcade.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015

- Which table did this occur on and what local scores were affected? Do you have anymore information regarding this issue?
This occurs on all DMD era tables with Pro Mode. All local high scores are overwritten with the default HSTD info from the Pro Mode ROM info.
- After altering the coin door settings, do you close the coin door or leave it open?
- Which settings are not saving and for which table? Do you have anymore information regarding this issue?

You have to close the coin door to play a game. Leaving it open would not be a way to try and replicate any of these issues in any way, shape or form.
All the Adjustment/Feature settings are being retained, what isn't being retained is related to the issues you're claiming isn't a feature of Pro Mode. Which is a complete misunderstanding of how it functions.
- Secondary data is not stored and has never been stored in TPA.
Pro Mode was always a separate ROM state that maintained persistent data game to game and session to session. So the HSTD info would carry over. No just High Scores, but also the secondary info; loop/combo/ramp champ etc. It not maintaining this info would make Pro Mode completely useless.

- Separate leaderboards for Pro mode has never been a feature for Pinball Arcade.
Again, wrong. Pro Mode had a separate, discrete local high score board so that any scores made in Pro Mode would not meet the in-game requirements by putting scores on the local HSTD info and therefore triggering the high score achievement. But, because things are broken, I have triggered the High Score achievements in Pro Mode; which again should not be possible. From day one Pro Mode always had a separate local high score board in-game.

Legacy documentation there is as useful as the changelogs users are issued, eh?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.