Requests: Data East-Star Trek (original series), Batman (1989), and Sega's Goldeneye

ryzombie619

Feb 20, 2014
What are the chances of us getting Star Trek from Data East, Batman from Data East and Goldeneye from Sega? I don't hear these tables getting a ton of attention, but we need more movie tables, and I really like these ones.

Just played the Star Trek one in person the other day and had a blast with it. I'd love to see it come to TPA. Seeing as how they got TNG, how much harder could that one be? How hard are any of these really? I feel like they could do these how they did Starship Troopers and Dracula. No KS needed.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
- Star Trek: Little to no chance. Not many people enjoy the table, plus the license would likely require an expensive Kickstarter.
- Batman: Little to no chance for the same reasons above.
- GoldenEye: Expensive license but the table does have its fans and I could see it being done.

The reason why Bram Stoker's Dracula and Starship Troopers were released was because of the deal FarSight made with Sony, which may also bring us Johnny Mnemonic or Last Action Hero this season.

In terms of movie tables, the most likely ones will be the ones I listed above and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
- Star Trek: Little to no chance. Not many people enjoy the table, plus the license would likely require an expensive Kickstarter.
- GoldenEye: Expensive license but the table does have its fans and I could see it being done.

The reason why Bram Stoker's Dracula and Starship Troopers were released was because of the deal FarSight made with Sony, which may also bring us Johnny Mnemonic or Last Action Hero this season.

In terms of movie tables, the most likely ones will be the ones I listed above and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

I agree, especially on Star Trek not being likely due to licensing. Batman looks like it may have plenty of likenesses on it. I'm not sure about voice work or music, but I imagine this one wouldn't be cheap. I, personally would love to have it. Batman Forever as well.

Goldeneye is interesting because I've read that Sony has distribution rights to some MGM movies, I believe. I don't know if Goldeneye is one of them....or if it would be affordable even so.

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012

I'm a big fan of the Trek DE table - because I'm a TOS guy! (though it pales in comparison to the TNG table)
Having said this - what Capt. & Kratos have said are correct. Which is too bad.

I'd love the Goldeneye table...
H

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Goldeneye, would be a great table to me, and Batman Forever would be Awesome if the licensing price is right.

Just got to play a golden eye - really fun game. To start multiball you have to raise a ramp on the playfield and launch the ball into the cone of a satellite dish (caught with a magnet). It also has the most amazing ball save I have ever seen. It's a magnet below the flippers that can catch a SDTM and outlane drains. Holds the ball there for a few seconds then flings it back out on the playfield. First time I saw this - Wow that's cool!

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I'm a big fan of the Trek DE table - because I'm a TOS guy! (though it pales in comparison to the TNG table)

H

I personally think DE ST is better than STTNG. I've only played it a couple of times, but I had much longer and more enjoyable games on it than I ever did on TNG.

ryzombie619

Feb 20, 2014

H

I agree. I think lots of people love the Star Trek table because they are Trek fans. It's got awesome sound effects, cool design, yeah it may not be the most deep game, but it's a blast to play.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
I agree. I think lots of people love the Star Trek table because they are Trek fans. It's got awesome sound effects, cool design, yeah it may not be the most deep game, but it's a blast to play.

yah if it's the same one i saw online around in the past - don't think i ever encountered a real one - but since it's the "classic trek crew," i think it'd make an AWESOME bookender at least to having STTNG already in tpa!!! :0 it looks like a fun older one too, and that's appropriate! ;)

p.s. and i remember once watching some youtube of the johnny m table and thought it looked rad - looked like good play/fun to it! plus the addam's family-ish virtual-glove gadgets over the table, seemed cool! (big "guilty fan" of johnny m, freejack and lawnmower man lol for movies - those are my afternoon b-movie watches to throw on when anything else isn't worth watching.)

Last edited:

ryzombie619

Feb 20, 2014
yah if it's the same one i saw online around in the past - don't think i ever encountered a real one - but since it's the "classic trek crew," i think it'd make an AWESOME bookender at least to having STTNG already in tpa!!! :0 it looks like a fun older one too, and that's appropriate! ;)

Yeah, I just played it in person for the fist time last week and loved it. I was in Boise, Idaho visiting friends and they had it in this arcade bar called Spacebar. Of all things to have in Idaho, haha. If anyone is ever in Boise, check that place out. They rotate tables out periodically. Pretty neat place, but I was loving the sound effects and the music and everything. I had more fun on that table than most.

tenparts

Aug 1, 2015

H
They seem like two different tables to me, not really comparable. Later DE tables still resemble the late-'80s era that they started in, which I think really works in Star Trek 25's favor. Kinda wish it was alphanumeric, too.

I adore TNG, but I played a simulated Star Trek 25 recently and I couldn't help but wonder why people dislike Data East so much. I really like late-'80s tables though. I can not get over 25's frenetic sound, it helps to make the game feel almost like a Ritchie table (well, it is Schmitz).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.