Bug Right Flipper causes uncontrolled nudging

MattyLadd

Jul 1, 2015
Hello there,

I tried searching the forums for something like this but came up empty.

I'm running on an iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1. Nudge is set to Touchscreen.

While playing any game, when I engage the right flipper, periodically the table will nudge. The first problem is my shot is knocked off course. The second problem (as the game plays on) is the nudging gets progressively worse. This ultimately leads to the table tilting.

I've tried multiple different things and the problem persists:

• Enabled multi-gesturing (normally off, tried with it on) still have the problem.
  • Tried different screen perspectives (locked and unlocked) still have the problem.
  • Tried different screen perspectives (locked and unlocked) still have the problem.
  • Tried different types of nudging, still have the problem
  • Turned off nudging. The table doesn't nudge, but the flippers will sometime engage on their own.
  • Completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app; still have the problem
  • Tried rebooting the iPad multiple times; still have the problem

The first game I noticed this with was Whirlwind. I subsequently tried other tables and have the same problem: Safecracker, Twilight Zone, and others.

My suspicion is this is related to the new physics system. I would say this stated roughly after the previous tournament ended.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Matt

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Hey Matt. If I were you, I'd try a totally different game (preferably one that anywhere on the screen performs a function within the game), can't think of any at the moment. Baby monkey riding on a pig? That way if it's happening on that game too, you'll know if it's your iPad or not

Howabout trying Zaccaria by ASK Homework. The nudge area is similar I think. It has demos if you don't want to buy it, and everything is editable. Good luck

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Try this. Go into any table options and turn on "show touch scheme". That way you can see if you're touching a nudge area inadvertently.

Also, try playing with the iPad in a different orientation and see if the issue follows. ie. if it always nudges right no matter how you're holding the iPad, it's probably the app. If you hold the iPad upside down and then the issue is now on the left, it's probably the iPad.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
  • Tried different types of nudging, still have the problem
  • Turned off nudging. The table doesn't nudge, but the flippers will sometime engage on their own.

Just for clarity:
Have you tried "Nudge: Shake" and seen it autonudge? With this, do the flippers ever autoflip?

MattyLadd

Jul 1, 2015
Thank you all for your suggestions.

Extork: tried a bunch of other games but did not experience the same symptoms.
Fungi: great suggestion. I actually have the scheme shown during my normal play. I second guessed that many times, but confirmed my fat fingers didn't stray in the nudge areas.
RSchwantner: I tried Shake and had similar issues. Oddly and fortunately, I tried swipe and that seemed to cure my ails. Not a cure, but a nice work around. I just need to get used to the new format.

Thanks again for the great community assistance!

Matt

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.