Round 4: Vote on Your Questions for Bobby King (Pick 5)

Please PICK FIVE Questions

• Plans for a single-player tournament mode (no extra balls, separate leaderboard, etc.)

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • Options to adjust physical options on the tables, such as the outlane posts, playfield pitch, etc.?

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • When will Cirqus Voltaire's bugs be addressed?

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Would you ever alter a table's backglass if that were the only licensing impossibility?

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Any progress with the day/night table lighting slider?

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • Would you consider lengthening the release cycle in order to address bugs?

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • When will we be able to play our own music in the background on each device?

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Will you ever sell TPA merchandise?

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Will you be changing the menu layout soon? If so, how?

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • Why have we not seen any in-progress videos or demos of Twilight Zone - and when will we?

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • Are head-to-head / turn based multiplayer games over net a possibility?

• When willl the physics of the older tables be brought up to the level of the newer tables?

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Can you add a manual custom camera option, as well as portrait views for consoles?

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Will there ever be a use for credits? Are they currently totalled in the game save file?

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Can you explain the Uncle Sam and "coming Soon" window seen in the various versions of the game?

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Can we expect a lighting upgrade on mobile devices this year?

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Would you guys consider releasing a benchmark test of TPA for the PC?

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • When is the "sound overhaul" coming, and what are the details of it?

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • Will we ever be able to customize the controls?

• Are you considering adding more randomness or variation to certain events?

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Can you give us a status update on PS Vita version? Seems the bugs aren't being addressed.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • How do you decide which and what order of tables to release?

• Can we please have saveable per-table camera settings?

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Any chance of selling table mods in the future?

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • With all the tables you're purchasing and restoring, would you ever open a public pinball arcade?

• Will there be an announcement of 5 or so new machines you acquired that weren't on PHOF?

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Are you generally speaking happy with the development of TPA?

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Would you consider a vote, here on TPAF, on unlicensed table(s) for future release?

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • Any plans to improve nudging on touchscreen devices?

• When can we expect iCADE support?

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
People always use the excuse "Im not paying to be a beta tester " , you don't want to help out the game ? Then enjoy your bugs , it's that simple , as for the Circus Voltair bug it's happened to me twice , on the PS Vita , the game has never lost the ball it just flies out the side and comes back into the game playfield , it has never happened to my PS3 version that I recall , from the posts I've read from Mike R. they are having great difficulty tracking down the flaw that causes this.
You think because a few tables go odd once in a while that this game is bad quality , I think you'd be hard pressed finding better games at $10 a pop , that receives the attention they put into it.

I do want to help out the game, and in fact attempted to do my part by maintaining an ever growing list of all the bugs seen on the PS Vita back in late June that has received considerable interest from the players, but seemingly no recognition in terms of addressing these issues. I have had many games on Funhouse, RBIoN, and CV (including a 250 million point game on FH that would have been top 15 on the leaderboard) lost due to the ball disappearing and the attendant not doing anything. I am primarily a Vita player and when we get a table that looks like this, I consider it to be an unfinished product. While I love playing tables like Funhouse I do consciously stay away from it because from the number of times I have had the ball disappear, there is no point in me even trying for a highscore. Coupled with the fact that tables like Blackhole and MM both run at a lower framerate and are noticeably jittery, the number of tables that play well enough to consider investing time and effort into drops steadily. Am I happy with the quality of the product? Not really; however I love playing pinball and this is the best pinball simulator I have played and thus I will keep supporting it, but will not turn a blind eye to the growing number of problems.

N

Nik Barbour

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn my thoughts on CV into a big issue. I have reported them many times in the iOS forum and the beta forum as well as emails to FS. I just wanted to hear FS's response as they never respond to emails that I know of. Until the game braking bugs are fixed it will remain gathering virtual dust on my iPad.

Hey Kevlar - I've had a couple of responses from email questions. Thanks Norm!
It was earlier in the year though, and to be fair to Farsight, the quantity of mail is probably a lot higher, and building each month.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's odd that the frontrunner is a question that was asked and answered in a previous round about voting on tables.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Cheers. Voted.
Portrait mode and manual camera for consoles purrrlease!
Cv? Hardly had any trouble with it whatsoever. Weird eh?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Oh man, picking only 5 and then knowing only 5 will be asked? AHHHHH!! Have him answer the top 10! Actually the only reason I want that is cause I want the question about whether they'd open an arcade to have a fighting chance to be asked, but it aint no top 5 question, that's for sure.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Cool to see my 'Votes on unlicensed tables' question leading :)
Wish I'd added one re. The Mess that is 'Game Centre' currently...but guessing that'd only garner iOS votes...
(Hoping for a decent Game Centre update with REAL SCORES! I never remember comparing my 'Pinball Acheivements' BitD.... :/ LOL)

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Keep the votes coming! I'd like to get these submitted to Bobby as soon as possible.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The voting is slowing down, so I'll leave this up for maybe one more day. Get your votes in!

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Is it Top 5 Jeff?
Looking like (in no order)
* Tourney
* Backglass
* Vote
* TZ
* Menu
Suits me.
Booby seemed pretty open in his radio interview.
The other one I'm curious about is The Use Of Credits/If In Save File.
Andy

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Some of the questions seem pretty ridiculous to be honest, with others being questions that Farsight would clearly be unable to answer.

For example:

Will there be an announcement of 5 or so new machines you acquired that weren't on PHOF? Well that would kinda completely kill the suspense, besides there's about five hidden announcements in the IOS information (Dr Dude, Space Shuttle etc.)
Are you generally speaking happy with the development of TPA? Why would they say no? They've produced their best game to date and surely saying anything negative could really harm the company.
Would you consider a vote, here on TPAF, on unlicensed table(s) for future release? They've referenced PAF in the past and I'm sure they will take into account some suggestions, but it really does depend on a lot of other factors. It doesn't matter if we all vote for some obscure 70s pinball table, if Farsight can't find an actual version of the table cheap enough then there's little to no possibility of it being made.
Would you ever alter a table's backglass if that were the only licensing impossibility? They are more likely to leave it for a bit and look into other licenses/tables and come back at a later date to see if they change their mind. IF Farsight are in this for the long haul (4-5 years) then there's going to be a lot of tables, and you know just how license holders change their minds. If they released one with a fake backglass then there'd be an uproar amongst hardcore fans and it'd probably suffer lower sales. Whereas if they waited and left it, they might be able to get them all in one swoop.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Would you ever alter a table's backglass if that were the only licensing impossibility?

This one cracks me up. Lemme rephrase to the question that is really being implied here...*ahem* Can you change Raul Julia's face on TAF so we can get that table sooner?

Am I right or am I right?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
This one cracks me up. Lemme rephrase to the question that is really being implied here...*ahem* Can you change Raul Julia's face on TAF so we can get that table sooner?

Am I right or am I right?

Well, it could apply to many licensed tables. That being said, you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! :cool:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Some of the questions seem pretty ridiculous to be honest, with others being questions that Farsight would clearly be unable to answer.

For example:

Will there be an announcement of 5 or so new machines you acquired that weren't on PHOF? Well that would kinda completely kill the suspense, besides there's about five hidden announcements in the IOS information (Dr Dude, Space Shuttle etc.)
Are you generally speaking happy with the development of TPA? Why would they say no? They've produced their best game to date and surely saying anything negative could really harm the company.
Would you consider a vote, here on TPAF, on unlicensed table(s) for future release? They've referenced PAF in the past and I'm sure they will take into account some suggestions, but it really does depend on a lot of other factors. It doesn't matter if we all vote for some obscure 70s pinball table, if Farsight can't find an actual version of the table cheap enough then there's little to no possibility of it being made.
Would you ever alter a table's backglass if that were the only licensing impossibility? They are more likely to leave it for a bit and look into other licenses/tables and come back at a later date to see if they change their mind. IF Farsight are in this for the long haul (4-5 years) then there's going to be a lot of tables, and you know just how license holders change their minds. If they released one with a fake backglass then there'd be an uproar amongst hardcore fans and it'd probably suffer lower sales. Whereas if they waited and left it, they might be able to get them all in one swoop.

I still think the worst question is about voting on future tables. It was asked and answered in round 1:

"3.) Will we ever be able to vote for table releases, and if so when?
Yes, we wanted to release Gorgar first – which is part of the next DLC pack and see how it does. Our plan for the first vote is to allow fans (and maybe just people who buy Gorgar) to pick which classic Bally table from the 70s-early 80s to do first."

It doesn't give a timeline as to when this will happen but it's probably something they can't discuss any further at this time.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ahem....

Note: Please do not complain about the questions. I only add questions that the community provides. It's up to you (the voters) to decide which questions are the best, and there's no need to complain if others vote for something you don't like.

If you think some of the questions are bad, do the community a favor and submit your own awesome question next time to balance the scale. :)

Anyway, the voting appears to have run its course. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions and voted! I'll send the Top 5 off to Bobby today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts