(Season 4 - T04) Starship Troopers bugs

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Got some looping physics tuning problems in this table.

If you put the ball into the left saucer, then don't do anything it does one of two things...
1-(endless promotions and extra ball) the kickout bounces off the right hand second mini flipper, interacts twice with the slings, then shoots neatly back into the left saucer. This physics train loop repeats over and over and over if you don't do anything or nudge.

2-(left hand outlane drain) after ricocheting around and rolling over the left sling.

Action 2 isn't too much of an issue, but looping action 1 is an exploit in regards future tournaments, leaderboards etc...

86f0b4cd6cedbc83c5f699b964903595.jpg

ae883870333fc925206f871927c0d2fe.jpg

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've got to try this now and see if I can repro!

EDIT: I can't replicate the exploit on the shield tab. It just dead bounces on the sling.

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
me neither. It does bounce sometimes in game but never after kickout. Or at least not in a way that it is certain, repeatable or can be exploited. I needed like 30+ games just to advance the rank.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I got it twice in succession (hence reporting), then third time got the outlane path.

Only way to break the cycle once locked in is via nudge.

This was using N7-2012.

I'll try and upload a video in the next week.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Yeah - 100% reproducible for me.
Just tried using 'ball control' to trigger the loop, slid the ball into the saucer and off it goes...
ae0c202aa408be21309a0e06bed322ec.jpg

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Here's a video of it once triggered.
This is zero interaction from me BTW.

Starship Troopers bug: http://youtu.be/IFSRQKTqFEU

it's non device specific (I've triggered several times now on multiple devices.)
This video I used ball control to activate it, but it can be easily done also during normal single ball play.

Last edited:

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I got it twice in succession (hence reporting), then third time got the outlane path.

This was using N7-2012.

Huh, I beta tested on N7 2012 and never saw it.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
the spec. button is on 30% and Overlay a part of the touch zone from the right flipper. Sometimes, after start TPA, the spec. button shows not reaction. Also the right flipper does work, if I press on the spec. button. This is correct, but the red flipper should be triggert. Work around: go into the option, change the position of the spec. button, go back and the spec. button works as expected

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
OK, it finally happened to me also. After some 100+ wasted shots at the hole. But it is not so repeatable, I wasted another 100 shots and the second time it bounced back just once. For me, most of the kickouts ends up on upper part of the slingshot and than the ball slowly rolls down on the flipper. And than in most cases rolls over from flipper. And that is so ridiculos, ball is so slooooow and yet it is impossible to catch it.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Got some looping physics tuning problems in this table.

If you put the ball into the left saucer, then don't do anything it does one of two things...
1-(endless promotions and extra ball) the kickout bounces off the right hand second mini flipper, interacts twice with the slings, then shoots neatly back into the left saucer. This physics train loop repeats over and over and over if you don't do anything or nudge.

2-(left hand outlane drain) after ricocheting around and rolling over the left sling.

Action 2 isn't too much of an issue, but looping action 1 is an exploit in regards future tournaments, leaderboards etc...

86f0b4cd6cedbc83c5f699b964903595.jpg

ae883870333fc925206f871927c0d2fe.jpg

Theres pretty much 1 sweet spot to make the loop occur. Were making a tuning change.

RushDude2112

Jan 5, 2015
I can do that same bug on OUYA. The but after it gets to the Lt. rank, the ball goes a different coarse breaking the loop

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Theres pretty much 1 sweet spot to make the loop occur. Were making a tuning change.

Wait hold up - I'm going to have to MANUALLY hit the arms nuke hole? That's a lot of work to trap the ball on the right flipper and hit the mini flipper 15x for sergeant and 22x for lieutenant :)

Trapping the ball on the right flipper is a bit tricky - like to roll right off into that huge gap- any tips and tricks to do this effectively? I do love the mini flipper shot right into the saucer - that's awesome.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
So as mention before:
After end. of the multiball, the table is missing one ball and think, that the ball is still in the game(call Attendant reject) Only Tilt go out of this situation. Now in a Multiplayer game, next player lost his ball, the table does not go forward... only complete leave the game and start. a. new. one helps

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
2 extraballs earn with one ball in the Arm Nuke hole (left. side) During this ball points over. 90K was. earned. Only 2 Extraballs are. given. I'll believe the 90K extraball was not given

Worf

Aug 12, 2012

This was using N7-2012.

I've been able to get this a few times. But it varies. Sometimes it lasts 2 times, then the ball bounces somewhere else. Twice I had a long chain (15 times or so) of them, but it eventually stops on its own if you leave it. Usually by missing the hole, or the bounce hits the slingshot the wrong way and the ball goes flying in another direction.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts