Sooooo....let's talk "firsts"

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
With the release of Centaur and (hopefully) T2, we get a couple of significant "firsts" from pinball history - Centaur the first to have flipper-controlled rollover lights and T2 the first (or just first Williams?) DMD. So what are some other significant firsts from pinball history? Answer if you can or add more to the list if you're wanting to know...

- first table with flippers
- first table with sound effects
- first table with speech
- first table to award extra balls
- first table to do an after-game "match"
- first table with ramps
- first table with kickers
- first table with bonus multipliers
- first table with multiball (actual multiball, not like "Mystic Marvel" or other early tables where you could plunge all five of your balls at once at any time)
- first table with skillshots
- first table with a ball saver at the start of a ball
- first table with ball locking

And so on.

Whatcha got?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
The latest tutorial video from Papa is on Banzai Run, according to Bowen, it was apparently the first table with a multiball restart. I'm very glad this has become a standard. :)

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
I heard that Black Knight 2000 was supposed to be the first wizard mode, but the way to get it, by spelling "RANSOM", seems to carry over from game to game, so that wouldn't really count?

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I heard that Black Knight 2000 was supposed to be the first wizard mode, but the way to get it, by spelling "RANSOM", seems to carry over from game to game, so that wouldn't really count?
They never really called it a wizard mode. It's the first table to have an "everything is lit" mode.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts