STNG legs problem

Dragonpingirl

May 2, 2013
Hi, Does anyone know exactly how high STNG legs should be. I have recently acquired one and it is much taller at the back than my other pins. I have tried to lower the adjustments on the legs, but they are still to long and the table just don't feel right when in play. I was wondering if someone has swapped the legs somewhere along the way and by getting some idea of the hight they should be I can get the correct legs. Fixing this is important to me as my pins have to be right.

I have no manual to go off, I am awaiting for a good one to show up on the net so I can purchase it. I have bought new LEDS and leg protectors, just need to get the legs sorted, then I can start doing the other stuff like rubbers and table guards as some of the exits are getting a bit worn.

Its not a bad table seen far worse ones, just needs a bit of TLC from Dragonpingirl. The usual stuff needs doing bit of wear and tear, stickers, plastics, new balls etc. Cabinet needs a small amount of paint work and cleaning to be done. The translight needs a clean and I have secured the back box with wing bolts as the clip was broken in transit, can't find the clips anywhere ( never had to replace one before) anyone know anywhere that sells them. I am UK so American outlets would have to do overseas shipping. When fixed up a few nice MODS might be added, not decided yet and budget dictates that anyway.

Anyway if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated, CHEERS :)

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Lift the playfield up. Put a level on the bottom of the cabinet. The bottom must be level in all directions. The playfield tilt is adjusted using a different method - the cabinet is designed to rest level and internally are adjustments for the playfield itself, which should be at a 6.5 degree (the bubble level on the playfield should straddle the bottom mark and the top touches the second line)

The legs can come in various lengths and is up to your preference - the levelers are used to level the cabinet. Only once the cabinet is leveled do you adjust the playfield.

Dragonpingirl

May 2, 2013
Thanks for your help Carl and Worf, The bubble level is missing so i have ordered a new one. I have ordered leg protectors and a new set of black legs are I was told the silver ones it came to me with was the wrong ones.

I will level the cabinet first when i get the bubble level and legs, then replace all the broken plastics and worn rubbers on the play field, I have got some interior decals for the sides as they are looking poor. I will replace all the messed up stickers and give her a good clean and a few other things. I will check the tilt and level the play field , then report back with the outcome,

Thanks once again for your help Guys :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts