Strange Logo-related Dreams of Captain B. Zarre

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Not only am I obsessed with pinball, I am also obsessed with logos. At the end of television shows and at the beginning of movies, logos appear that identify the studio who produced the movie / show. The logos these days are extremely flashy and bright - the way I like them - but back in the early 80s, logos were a force to be reckoned with. After watching classic shows like "The Twilight Zone" you had to attempt to conquer your fears of the Viacom V of Doom. Another huge downside to my obsession is the fact that I have dreams about them ALL the time - some of them are just alternate versions of logos I know and love, but some are insane plots that I never get at all. I will be updating this thread with more logo-related dreams that go on inside my CRAAAZY mind. The best thing to do so that you can enter my crazy dreams is to look up the logos on YouTube.

2/13/14: So, in this dream, I was trying to dig up ancient VHS tapes from a pawn shop (yes, I collect VHSs; I have over 100 in my bedroom at the moment). One tape was literally nothing but a clamshell case that had "DUMBO" written on it AND NOTHING ELSE, with a copyright date of 1984. Returning from the shop, I quickly inserted the VHS into my player. I saw the Walt Disney Classics logo, but I quickly realized that was 4 years after the copyright of the VHS. What made even less sense was the fact that it was followed by a scrolling screen on a rainbow background, which said:

"This VHS tape of the motion picture Dumbo is an exsclusive addition released by MGM/UA Home Video. Currently Disnee is finding new produces to distribrite. We will show you a lot of the company's logos at the end of is tap so u can call and vote which company can distribrite this vido tap bi Disnee."

So what does it mean? There were so many typos on that one warning screen that it could mean this is a bootleg of Dumbo. But it was so much more than that. The movie went on until it reached the part before Pink Elephants on Parade started. Immediately as the song started, an intermission screen that was literally just "THIS IS AN INTRMISON. YOU CN FST FORAAD IF YOJ WAT" on a background popped up, accompanied by the infamous "blank end" music from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". But about 1 minute after it appeared, the logos started appearing earlier than I expected! The logos that popped up included ones for 20th Century Fox, Paramount, and even Warner Bros (Who the hell devised this?). After that insane montage ended, it returned to the Pink Elephants on Parade song per usual, but it quickly crescendoed after the logos made a return experience during the finale of the song - with explosions, rainbows, and everything! It was literally blocking out the sound and vibrating the house! But then, it abruptly stopped when the VHS ejected. The label on the VHS was burnt to a crisp (presumably after the rainbow explosion). Nevertheless, the tape was interesting to discover, so I threw away my old Dumbo VHS and put in the burnt one. I also inadvertently planned a prank to creep out Mom - Dumbo is one of her favorite movies and she has a VHS player. I quietly tiptoed upstairs, and went on my iPad to play some Black Knight 2000 to forget about the situation.

Last edited:

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Sounds like you have a Chinese bootleg. Get rid of it would be my suggestion. You don't want garbage like that in your collection. I collect DVD's and Blue Rays. I have over 5,000 movies and complete T.V. series. My collection eats up several walls with shelves floor to ceiling. My music collection is even more insane. Over 10,000 albums.

night

May 18, 2012
I just a week ago I cleaned our basement and put all our vhs-junk in the trash.. I remember my parents had one of those early vhs-recorders. They where like big heavy steel taperecorders, almost indestructable. We had bootleg movies as well, as a kid we had a bootleg Jaws I must have seen countless times. We also had Dumbo, Peter Pan, Close Encounters (love that movie), Star Wars and One flew over the Cuckcooks nest.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
2/15/14: As you can see, my dreams do occur frequently. This night I had an especially weird one that dealt with Hanna-Barbara characters. So I was watching SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron with my brother. We watched it until the end, and we enjoyed the episode. But then, when I would've expected the Hanna Barbara logo to appear, an extremely funny skit popped up instead. It had the BND mask from the VID of Doom logo screaming "I LIKE FOOOOOD! THERE ISN'T ANYTHING BETTER THAN FOOOOOOD!". This made me and my brother crack up in hysterics, than the TV changed channels (all by itself) until the Klasky-Csupo logo popped up - but even the face on that logo interrupted his routine by blurting out that someone named "Fred Floonsteen" was nearby. Then it showed a cartoon with Dexter and Dee-Dee from Dexter's Laboratory, where Dee-Dee discovered Dexter's logo (the one for Cartoon Network no less), pressed it, and ate her up, but the TV changed so I couldn't catch the rest of it. Now there was Bubbles and Blossom from Powerpuff Girls getting scared of one of the old Paramount TV logos with the loud music (odd, no Buttercup?). Than it turn into static, and went to what I thought was the most hilarious part (I was laughing in real life as this happened): a Cow and Chicken cartoon where Chicken was laughing at Cow after the Viacom V of Doom crushed him towards the wall. It than turned to static and the room went dark, than I woke up.

N

netizen

Hmm,

TIL you are a bit of an Otaku, and that you may want to study Semiotics.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
You know, I thought that there would be a bus that would stop at my door, I would be allowed to gather up a few belongings, then get on the bus to the funny farm. The sanitorium. The loony bin. I now know who will be driving that bus...

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So I had a dream that *gasp!* made sense the other night... well, considering I went to Magic Kingdom the other day...

2/20/14: Tonight, my parents put in a VHS of The Lion King for us to watch on a rainy day (Disney and VHSs seem to be recurring themes in my head) (?). It started off normal, showing the trailer for Pocahontas, but then it segued into a "lilac background" intermission that I had not seen before; this one had "Now Available to Own On Videocasette" in a different font than what is normally done. Then it showed me a bizarre commercial for "Muppet Treasure Island", which was then followed up by another unique lilac intermission that showed "Now Available from Disney Interactive" in the normal font. It than cut to a commercial for a PC game based off of "James and the Giant Peach", but I quickly covered my ears and closed my eyes near the end in the fear of seeing an extremely scary Walt Disney logo like the 1978 one.

Was there a scary logo? Well, nope. Instead I got "rewarded" with the Dairy Queen logo (with a rounded blue rectangle near it) starting off a commercial for their ice creams, as me and my mother read through the DQ coupon pamphlet that came in the VHS clamshell. But then the real "Feature Presentation" started (thankfully, with the normal ident); a dream inside a dream.

Now I was on my computer and learning about Viacom returning to their television distribution roots and producing a new logo that induced nightmare fuel. People across the web were complaining about the logo being even scarier than the "S from Hell", the "BND Mask", the Klasky-Csupo "Super Scary Face", and even Viacom's very own "V of Doom" ident that graced our favorite shows. After wondering out loud that I wanted to see what the fuss was about, my computer shut down, and showed a black-gold background with the "A" and "Presentation" words zooming in as normal... but then it was followed by an even more bombastic and creepy version of the V of Doom fanfare with a new, solid-gold "V" zooming in! However, it stopped about midway through and the V asked me if I wanted to listen to "his headphones". I responded, put the headphones on, and then learned that he was listening to pinball music - the music to Black Knight 2000 mind you! Instead of becoming scared, I was gleeful to learn that he loved pinball as much as me.

Until he resumed and crushed me.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Your dreams sound absolutely pleasant compared to the violent blood-soaked landscapes that fill my slumbers. That and flashbacks of being in college.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.