Super Bowl XLVIII

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Since New England isn't in it I'm backing Denver. Jacob Tammie is from here in Boyle county.
Also there are two other players with Denver that went to the Universty of Kentucky

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
This is not a popular game outside the US, but I just saw on our news an item about it, and that this game could cause serious brain damage because of the impact of a players head. They showed brain scans from players, and interviewed old players who had mental issues. I didn't know that, scary stuff.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This is not a popular game outside the US, but I just saw on our news an item about it, and that this game could cause serious brain damage because of the impact of a players head. They showed brain scans from players, and interviewed old players who had mental issues. I didn't know that, scary stuff.

And yet MMA and boxing get a free pass...

night

May 18, 2012
Indeed, I would expect this kind of issues with boxing. Or using solvent based household paints.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle for me. Always look forward to movie trailer slots though. A few surprises this year for absentees unusually. Poor odds in uk for Seattle win even going into the last game of the regular season.

Never rule out Manning though. What a player!!

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013

You're right, but in a strange turn of events, it's the protective gear, the helmet, that causes most injuries. Look at rugby and soccer-while yes they too have injuries, they aren't as devastating long term. I played high school, Little Leauge (Pop Warner) and backyard tackle football, and the worst injuries were in the organized games. We had to wear pads and helmets. I coached too, and told my players if they EVER led with their helmet (it's called spearing" they would be benched.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
They've been doing a lot of studies in the US on sports injuries in youth sports. They're finding that many concussions in soccer (football to the rest of the world) have never been diagnosed or reported until they started studying them. Heading the ball is a big source of concussions in soccer.

Back in the day of no helmets and leather helmets in American football it was head to turf contact that did a lot of damage. The game wasn't as fast as it is today and most players wouldn't lead with their head because it was bare. The most dangerous time in American football was when the hard helmet first came out. It was just a thin layer of hard plastic with a bit of hard foam inside. They came in different sizes but they could not be individually fitted. Today's helmets are much improved over those of 60 years ago and provide much better protection than not wearing a helmet. They obviously have their limitations though which is why the NFL has been trying to limit helmet to helmet contact. I keep hoping that they can make some huge advances in preventing concussions through helmet technology before Moms across the country stop their boys from playing football.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.