Table of the Week Club...Week 24: TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
During multiball regular lamp spins register so you can light Lightning Lamp during multiball. Of course you miss out on the Make A Wish award to get it 3x. So possibly try to avoid the lamp unless 3x is already going.

Also certain game events don't stop the Lighting timer, learn which they are and try to avoid.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Yeah, leaderboards on TotAN are bugged. Even my score is bugged; I don't recall scoring 1.1 billion on that game.

Request for a leaderboard cleaning?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I really like the table for the theme, layout and play flow but it's also a bouncey SOB. I can't play this table under any amount of control.

Last time I played a real machine, a year or so ago, I noted that it's a very bouncy table IRL too. We were all struggling with controlling the ball, so it's not just a TPA thing. Key differences are that the aiming is a little off in TPA, as I feel it is for BH and ToM but strangely not RBION, and that the lamp doesn't spin nearly so easily on the real deal.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Has there been any consensus as to whether the Harem Multiball/Genie stack is possible in TPAs version of the ROM on this table? I've heard that it is fixed in the latest ROM version but I'm not convinced of that. Even if it does work it is hard enough to pull off that it isn't a viable strategy when you only have two chances to play the table, but if it still is a thing going balls to the wall might be an entertaining strategy, even if making it work is a thousand to one shot.

I'm about 95% confident that it's not possible. It was possible in an early release of TPA that had an old TOTAN ROM and I saw it captured in a Youtube video. But I've done what I think are the correct steps about five times and have never gotten the Harem/Genie stack to work. I presume TPA updated its ROM to a fixed version.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Yeah, leaderboards on TotAN are bugged. Even my score is bugged; I don't recall scoring 1.1 billion on that game.

Request for a leaderboard cleaning?

I think you're right. I have a monster score on the leaderboard that I didn't realize was there. It's the same score as my CFTBL high score, but a think that's just an odd coincidence.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
devoured as much of the tips i could - agreed about the bounciness; any advice for the right orbit?? that's a tough one to hit reliably; reeeeeeallly off the tip of the left flip obviously... kinda same as the new 'red & ted' either to right ramp or the dynamite area!

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Got the 3xLamp/Genie battle going. Man that is ridiculous! If at least the LL timer would be on. As it is now everything else on the table seems pointless in comparison for score. It will be hard to set it up in 2 games x 3 balls for sure though. After trying to get it going a few times I learned that the skeleton phase always consists of 8 skeletons, and the last one must be killed by shooting either orbit. Maybe that's common knowledge but I was fooled by the DMD showing "2 skellies remain" etc but there were always more. Since the 7-8 second LL timer is on during this phase it really helped me to keep track of how close to the finish I was. Safest way to kill skeletons for me is direct shots to the Genie, and clean ramp shots. Missing a ramp shot is risky, as the LL timer will time out if the ball doesn't make it quickly back to the playfield.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
What was your score? :)

576M, and I was playing pretty sloppy when I new I broke 350M, which is 1k HOF points. The Genie battle is really quite easy to keep going if played slowly, but to get even near the top 100 on the ToTAN leaderboard you'd have to play it for a looong time. I think it's pretty safe to say that it's a broken leaderboard.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
"2 skeletons remain" means that 2 skeleton shots are currently lit. But the Genie is continually adding more up to a total of 8 for the round. I think it's possible to outrace the Genie adding skeletons and finish the round early, but very hard as you need almost perfectly synchronized shots with multiple balls.

And we know the TOTAN leaderboard is broken by way of scores leaking onto it from other tables.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
576M, and I was playing pretty sloppy when I new I broke 350M, which is 1k HOF points. The Genie battle is really quite easy to keep going if played slowly, but to get even near the top 100 on the ToTAN leaderboard you'd have to play it for a looong time. I think it's pretty safe to say that it's a broken leaderboard.

Congrats man, great score! On an iPad for sure I might add. Have to try that 3x lamp/Genie battle thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online