iOS - Request The new nudge schemes

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I really enjoy the new functionality with nudge schemes. I have noticed, however, that none of the schemas make the flipper area wide enough. My thumbs tend to drift towards the center while I play (especially when things get exciting) and after a while they are in the center and I make a nudge instead of a flip. This is quite annoying... It is not really as frustrating as it could be though, if it would drain every time it happened. Since the nudge is a forward nudge it usually bounces up and I can catch it again...

But I would like one of the schemas to have the flipper areas covering the entire bottom section (and the forward nudge somewhere center).

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
For me again, the flip area could be more narrow as I play with my thumbs in the lower corners. This new scheme is definitive improvement anyway.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
The current nudge schemes were added one at a time during the last beta cycle, most adjustments suggested by us beta testers and added by Farsight employee Stuart Webster. Scheme E was all me :D. Anyway you can't have too many options so I suggest you PM Stuart if you would like to request further nudge schemes.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I'm quite happy with the current schemes...I use either scheme C or E (good job, Kevlar). I suppose no matter how many schemes there are, there will be those that won't be able to find one that works 100% to their satisfaction. As it stands now, the schemes we do have are a HUGE improvement over what we started off with (1 scheme with no zone visibility). Of course allowing the user to create their own would be the ultimate solution but would seem to me to be potential problem as far as coding would go.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The multiple schemes were felt to be the best compromise, offering some adjustability without too much code complexity.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Now if we can just get special button placement. I lost BFTK today trying to hit the troll bomb, that time away from the flipper was enough to drain all three balls.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Now if we can just get special button placement. I lost BFTK today trying to hit the troll bomb, that time away from the flipper was enough to drain all three balls.
Just checking - you're aware that the troll bomb (a.k.a. "Launch") button can be placed anywhere along the right edge of the screen? (Table Menu -> Options -> scroll all the way down to Button Position.) I use Nudge Scheme D and Button Position @ 45% and it's perfect.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It has special button placement - no fewer than 21 (!) different vertical positions in fact. It's right below the touch scheme options in the menu.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It has special button placement - no fewer than 21 (!) different vertical positions in fact. It's right below the touch scheme options in the menu.

Yeah, sure. Go ahead and tell 'im. Pinballchris has already destroyed most of my scores anyways. A few more million points between us means nothin'.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Just checking - you're aware that the troll bomb (a.k.a. "Launch") button can be placed anywhere along the right edge of the screen? (Table Menu -> Options -> scroll all the way down to Button Position.) I use Nudge Scheme D and Button Position @ 45% and it's perfect.

Well, thanks ;) A little late now though. Actually I try to cut my tourney scores short of my bests, so MM and RBION I am done with in the tourney.

I've still got 6 tables on him. :p

(FH, MB, RBION, TOTAN, TOM and TZ)

All but TOM I am over playing, but may come back to TZ. The table just doesn't excite me though. I would love to be able to play TOTAN better, but just can't break past 150M.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts