The Olympics, I say "OH YEAH!"

night

May 18, 2012
Been Dutch, I couldn't resists posting this..

USA Today:

The Netherlands has as many medals in speed skating as every other nation has in all sports combined.

usatsi_7745291.jpg

Dutch speedskaters have won 16 medals on the oval. (Five gold, five silver, 6 bronze.) That would be tied for first on the total medal count with the United States and Russia. The Dutch skating squad would be No. 2 in the official medal count, behind Germany.

The Dutch are doing this with a tiny delegation.

Every country with more than six medals in Sochi has over 100 athletes at the Games. Russia, the United States and Canada have 233, 230 and 221 athletes in Sochi, respectively. The Netherlands sent 41 athletes. Forty-one! Of the 26 countries to win medals so far, that’s the third-smallest delegation.

I say "OH YEAH!" :cool:

night

May 18, 2012
Those folks in the Netherlands must be born with skates on.

:D Yeah, but you don't want to see me skating on ice, I would be happy if I see that finish in an hour.

The Dutch medal count seems to worry athletes. Yesterday I saw on the news there is a new saying that is buzzing around on the Olympics: they are afraid for 'getting Dutched'.
Today we have the 10000 meter skating for men, but the whole Norwegian delegation pulled back from this because they just can't see how to win this challenge from the Netherlands.. That's not the right spirit if you asked me.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I think that someone switched the USA's speed skaters pep pills with valium - just kidding. Maybe next Olympics will be better. Good job in Speed Skating, Netherlanders.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Despite being from the US I always like to see other countries do well, especially the ones that never get much attention over here. I love hearing the stories of their athletes and when they win it is cool to hear a national anthem you've never heard before.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.