Thinking about getting my first pin

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
I saw somewhere between 30-40 pictures of the table including the cosmetic imperfections that I mentioned, detailed shots of the playfield, cabinet backboard etc... As far as I can tell the machine is in fantastic condition.

Jeff- The machine was just under 4 k shipped. Everywhere I looked it seemed like they were going for around 3k w/o shipping and sellers were either unwilling to ship or it would be about an additional 400. The way I see it, it is tough to find a 20 year old table in good of condition as this one, and as it is my first pin I am willing to pay a few hundred extra dollars just for the peace of mind knowing that any problem I may come across will be easily fixable. In the future I'm sure I will not overpay as I will be more confident with maintenance, but without that tech support I would be very intimidated to fix whatever problems I'm sure that I will come across

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Here are a few pictures to get started, I will post some videos once I actually get it

Left cabinet shot. You can see a little scratching on the upper part of the backboard.
Shadow1.jpg

Shadow22.jpg

Shadow27.jpg

You can see a few spot from welding that left ramp
Shadow34.jpg

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
The entire machine was taken apart and every piece was cleaned, all lamps have been replaced, the rings have been replaced, the red plastic posts are all new, ramps have all been disassembled, cleaned and polished, the GI Connector has been replaced and Trifrucon pins have been installed in the connector, a new playfield glass is installed, new flippers were installed and parts replaced, the battlefield has been completely disassembled cleaned and put back together, all drop targets, stand-up targets and opto's work perfectly on the entire machine, new cushions are installed on the stand-up targets, new batteries on the CPU board, the sanctum magnet area has been rebuilt and repainted professionally, a clear Mylar has been placed over the normal ball wear spot to further protect the Sanctum etc...

A lot of work has been done on this thing, can't wait to play

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Yeah as long as a machine is not totally beat up cosmetic stuff does not bother me too much. Besides, who is even going to see the side of the backboard when I have multiple machines next to eachother ;)

karl

May 10, 2012
Gongrats indeed. Shadow is a great machine and would be on my short list if I had room for more pinballs. Looks like it is in stellar condition also.
It is far from the easiest game around so you will have plenty to play for, for a long time. Hope you have tons of fun with your machine
You have chosen wisely.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
That does look really nice. The Shadow was one of my all-time faves from the 90s. You're off to a great start!

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
It is far from the easiest game around so you will have plenty to play for, for a long time.

That is one of the things that drew me to this machine. Probably won't be able to afford another machine for a few years so I did not want something that I could master and get bored of quickly. THe difficulty, flow, and deep ruleset make it seem like the shadow is a perfect choice if you can only have one machine.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Here is one more pic of the full playfield
Shadow61.jpg

EDIT: Found one more, now if I just adjust that lighting slider a little bit...
Shadow85.jpg

Ark- There will be more pictures to come once it is all set up, and video as well. I am starting pharmacy school in the fall, so I am moving out of my parents place into a place of my own. We are waiting to see whether our offer on this one place is accepted today or tomorrow. It has a large garage that is definitely becoming a game room with a pool table and the shadow. Ahh the advantages of living alone! If that doesn't work out I am just having it shipped to my current place and will have to move it when the time comes, but I would have it in my hands sooner.

Carl- Do it! I could swear I remember seeing an interview with Adrei Massenkopf (At least one time PAPA world champ, possibly more. I actually got to play with him a few times when I live in the bay area; it would have been embarrassing were he not such a nice guy) and he had a pinball machine crammed in some tiny kitchen. Now that is dedication!

Gooche- It looks like it is becoming a favorite of many collectors. I have never actually seen this game on location or been able to play it, but from all my research and all the videos I have watched, I think it will be right up my alley. I don't see this one ever leaving my collection

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Looks amazing, well done. The Shadow is top of my list for next pin although I won't be able to afford one in that condition!.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.