Twilight Zone Progress Video Is Up!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
you have eagle eyes, Color me impressed.:) But is art changes really bugs though? there could be a reason why they changed it (can't think of a good one though) Not as important as those solid bright blue ramps on NGG anyway. Hoping Farsight reads this thread so they can change it if it was not intended. Still time for perfection Please Farsight, it is not to late to capture the obvious talents of mr Serenseven for pre-beta testing. Do it now!
There's a part of me that wonders if some of the obvious color shifts (like the blue Dagger light on Scared Stiff, which to the best of my knowledge has never been a part of the real table) are an attempt for better visibility on the mobile devices. Since the resolutions are smaller (except for iPad 3) and there is no dynamic lighting, FarSight may have deliberately changed some colors to improve contrast with nearby table elements.

If they've got good reasons for changing things, I'm cool with it (do I really have a choice?); I'm just pointing out things in case it was an oversight.

And thanks for the vote of confidence!

N

Nik Barbour

There's a part of me that wonders if some of the obvious color shifts (like the blue Dagger light on Scared Stiff, which to the best of my knowledge has never been a part of the real table) are an attempt for better visibility on the mobile devices. Since the resolutions are smaller (except for iPad 3) and there is no dynamic lighting, FarSight may have deliberately changed some colors to improve contrast with nearby table elements.

If they've got good reasons for changing things, I'm cool with it (do I really have a choice?); I'm just pointing out things in case it was an oversight.

And thanks for the vote of confidence!

Bit like Android 'Black Hole' when it first released was missing the lower level rh drop target bank top plate (you could see right through to the backs of the targets).
Now they've correctly replaced the panel, you can't see which targets are standing (without a magnifying glass).
Man, I need my phone upgrade -come on April 2013!

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
It will be interesting to see if this is a quality and polished release - as this is a completely new table.

Most of the other tables had been released on previous Farsight software before the existence of TPA?

High standards must be expected due to the amount of money pulled in from Kickstarter.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
It will be interesting to see if this is a quality and polished release - as this is a completely new table.

Most of the other tables had been released on previous Farsight software before the existence of TPA?

High standards must be expected due to the amount of money pulled in from Kickstarter.

Not really, only half of the currently released tables are updates form older versions, the other half are brand new (RBION, TOM, BOP, CV, MB, CFTBL, HD, and both Elvira tables are firsttimers). Strangely enough it's the older tables that are giving the most issues (mostly Black Hole, Black Knight, MM, Gorgar, probably because 3 of them have scripting instead of emulation) overall.

Last edited:

Arcflup

May 19, 2012
  • The lock light is green instead of amber. Only prototype TZs had green lock lights.

This is incorrect. Early production TZs were 'white clock & green lock'. I own one.

Personally, I prefer this configuration and hope that FS retain it for the release TZ.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This is incorrect. Early production TZs were 'white clock & green lock'. I own one.

Personally, I prefer this configuration and hope that FS retain it for the release TZ.
I stand corrected. It's the prototypes and a small number of production machines that have green lock lights. But none of the later ones do.

What color are your piano and slot machine lights? Maybe those changed as well.

Considering John Youssi was the one who was unhappy with the white clock and made the mid-production change to the multicolored clock (source here), I would prefer to see his artistic judgment respected by including the latest clock in TPA (along with the latest lock light and other changes).

Or just make everyone happy and make it a user-selectable option as to whether the "early" or "late" table is used. This would be more work for FS, though, and probably couldn't be added before launch.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The lamps we have are the wrong color. Either cause our machine is a prototype or someone changed them.

We are correcting thier colors to what the original production models were. When we put together a table it goes to Josh Sharpe for review, and he lets us know all the visual issues as well as gameplay.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The lamps we have are the wrong color. Either cause our machine is a prototype or someone changed them.

We are correcting thier colors to what the original production models were. When we put together a table it goes to Josh Sharpe for review, and he lets us know all the visual issues as well as gameplay.
Excellent! So whatever I miss while beta testing, I can blame Josh for! :p

More seriously, thanks for letting us know about the lamps, and I'm not trying to rake you guys over the coals with minor art issues. It's just TZ is my favorite table, and I want to help it be at its best when it launches.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012

please have Josh play the (released) ps3 version of Black Knight

N

Nik Barbour

please have Josh play the (released) ps3 version of Black Knight

Josh was on holiday when Black Knight released.
Tommy stood in for him - you know, that deaf, dumb and blind kid.
He sure plays a mean pinball.
Don't let him quality test though! :D

Arcflup

May 19, 2012
What color are your piano and slot machine lights? Maybe those changed as well.

Standard red and yellow.

If memory serves there was an early issue with the pop bumpers. Originally they came with a double starpost and rubbers arrangement which was ultimately phased out. My TZ came with the posts but I found it plays better without them so I removed them.

FS, if your listening, please keep white clocks/green locks. Locks should always be green.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
FS, if your listening, please keep white clocks/green locks. Locks should always be green.
I just looked, and only three Pat Lawlor tables (besides early TZs) have green lock lights: Earthshaker!, Whirlwind, and Safecracker. All his other tables have lock lights in a wide variety of colors, from white to orange to yellow to red to even purple (CSI).

A lot of 80s tables have green lock lights, as did AFM and MM, which is probably why a lot of players look for a green insert for the lock. But it isn't always (or even most of the time) that way. TOTAN and TOM have blue locks, for example.

As for the clock, I still say go with what the table art team wanted, which was the multicolored clock.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.