Version 1.46.x

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Fireball and El Dorado are released. If you are currently set to the Public UI Beta, please opt out of the beta to get the update. I will post on here when the next UI beta update goes out.

Version 1.46.7
- Added Fireball and El Dorado (EM Table Pack)
- Fixed seam on TAF playfield.
- Fixed Season 5 text in Italian and Spanish
- Fixed draw order issue on Funhouse which made ball not visible behind plastic ramps

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
dis_gon_be_good.gif

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Weak at the tip and strong as a backhand? your flippers are backwards.

And anyone having issues with buttons not pressing reliably, especially A/confirm after this patch?
This is caused by my keybinding program, the game doesn't like Enter & A or backspace & B being pressed at the same time.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Thanks Mike. Look forward to playing these EM's.

You sir are in for a treat, or should I say, two. Fireball plays very well, but El Dorado is the biggest surprise of this pack. It's so much more fun than El Dorado-City of Gold IMO. Amidst all of the DMD stuff we've been getting lately, it's nice to see some bell-ringing digit-turning retro goodness.

These suckers will take some skill (still trying to score 40K+ on Fireball). But these tables are fast becoming my faves this season. And to think, this in a season which includes The Getaway no less.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
This may be NVidia DSR specific issue.

At 2560x1440 resolution on both tables the score placard in the upper-left hand corner of the screen overlaps a fair amount of the upper-left portion of the table. It looks like the placard stays at it's native resolution and doesn't down sample with the rest of the table. Fireball it's not a huge deal, other than it's annoying. But El Dorado this impacts gameplay as you can't see the first few drop-targets in the upper-left.

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
All the goals worked for both tables, can we get F-14 Tomcats 250K launch bonus looked at? Tired of that Yagov telling me I can't win.
[MENTION=2300]Crawley[/MENTION] it is related to resolution, I use the games config for 1440p to downscale to 1080p and there's other tables that had this problem in the new UI where they didn't/over scale.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
[MENTION=2300]Crawley[/MENTION] it is related to resolution, I use the games config for 1440p to downscale to 1080p and there's other tables that had this problem in the new UI where they didn't/over scale.

Yeah, the other EMs have the same issue - although not as drastic. So looks like this has been an issue for awhile.

I've gone back down 1920x1200 for now.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
are they using the same graphic tech for the score like the old tables thats size isn't independent to resolution?
If so thats disappointing i was hoping this over site would be addressed with these releases..just like dmd score shouldn't change scale with your resolution it should maintain it own scale

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
- Fixed draw order issue on Funhouse which made ball not visible behind plastic ramps

Whoa! Nice surprise.

Btw, I think the Special "When Lit" should be brighter in El Dorado. Right now it just looks like a brighter shade of red instead of an insert being lit up with a light.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Fantastic release, great work Mike.

It would be cool to hear the motor turning and all the relays resetting when we see the score reels advance to 0. Nice touch btw.

Fireball loads a 6th ball to the plunger lane before the game ends every time for me. Also the sound of the spinning disk remains though the disk is motionless in attract mode

El Dorado had all of the drop targets lit but 1, inverse of normal last night, playing on another machine and going back made it normal again.

I really enjoy the added mechanical sounds you guys put in on the starter pack tables. It would be nice to hear these on new tables especially, all eventually it adds to the realism

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Also the notification at the game start says unique "flipper-zippers" I think its 'Zipper-Flippers'.
It says help with Dr. Who kickstarter at:
But no link.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Also the notification at the game start says unique "flipper-zippers" I think its 'Zipper-Flippers'.

I was about to correct FS during the beta, but then looked it up. Turns out, "flipper-zipper" is what Bally first called it.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I was about to correct FS during the beta, but then looked it up. Turns out, "flipper-zipper" is what Bally first called it.

Ah interesting always hear and read it the inverse, guess it just sonds better.

El Dorado 'Spot' light for 5000 under drops still doing strange things. Often extra lights are lit but only one moves it seems. There should only be 1 'spot' for each bank of drop targets lit at a time.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Fantastic release, great work Mike.

It would be cool to hear the motor turning and all the relays resetting when we see the score reels advance to 0. Nice touch btw.

Fireball loads a 6th ball to the plunger lane before the game ends every time for me. Also the sound of the spinning disk remains though the disk is motionless in attract mode

El Dorado had all of the drop targets lit but 1, inverse of normal last night, playing on another machine and going back made it normal again.

I really enjoy the added mechanical sounds you guys put in on the starter pack tables. It would be nice to hear these on new tables especially, all eventually it adds to the realism

Was really hoping for new improved flipper sounds!

I like the new genie fireball catcher sound on Totan, and the pop bumper sound on black hole, the eject and launch noises on Ripleys, but didn't notice any new sounds on Theatre of Magic.
Great to see the sound being improved though!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Along with the score reel resetting sounds, I've been long waiting for the electric buzz of a flipper being held up.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.