VR Update for Older Tables (Pinball Arcade) - Is This Still Happening?

topple69

Sep 20, 2016
All I hear about is Stern Pinball VR. I thought originally they confirmed VR for all existing pinball tables (via Pinball arcade) – is that still the case? I would also love to know when this VR update will be released for Oculus so we can truly so its potential.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I don't believe the language they used on their original Facebook announcement stated anything about converting existing tables, we all just assumed that's what they meant :(

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
put an occlus in noEX hands and aslong as you have a decently powered system it could possibly be done easily assuming you can hook the calls easily

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I believe the announcement was part of the 12 days of Christmas thing and they announced that all of their pinball games will support vr.

topple69

Sep 20, 2016
Agreed but have you heard anything since? All I hear about is the stern arcade pinball. Does anyone have direct contact with the devs to confirm this is still happening? Rather not buy a virtual table since I have vr. I tried Twitter but no answer

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Zaccaria Pinball is heading to VR
Pinball FX2 is available on Occulus and a Vive announcement is coming soon(its surprisingly alot better in VR ..i don't know why but it is)
Future Pinball is available for VR ...
VPX no idea but i suspect it would take something like BAM to make it work. would be a dream tho.
TPA ...who knows I wouldn't doubt they'll backtrack and say The stern Arcade on Occulus is all they ment.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
VR headset displays have zero (or near zero) latency, so it's not surprising to hear pinball in VR is better (plus 3D kicks ass too)

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I wish I could find it but all I remember was their 12days of Christmas post said something like "great news, pinball arcade is coming to VR!". Something else to consider is they've add Frankenstein and starship troopers to the stern pinball arcade VR app right? Why would they do that if the intention was to add support for their normal TPA app??

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
... Something else to consider is they've add Frankenstein and starship troopers to the stern pinball arcade VR app right? Why would they do that if the intention was to add support for their normal TPA app??

Stern bought the rights to DataEast and Sega pinball, so they're "Sterns". Probably 'business reasons' why they haven't brought the VR feature to TPA, they've got their hands empty with all the beta testing we're doing with that head2head feature at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts