What a challenge!

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
That being said, both my high scores on the real ST:TNG (Grand Champion 2.06B [3 balls] and Officer's Club 4.14B [6 balls]) were done via Final Frontier, not Borg Multiball.

On the real machine, my top score is about 3.5 billion, which I've gotten twice -- once through two good Borg Multiballs, and once through Final Frontier (both on 3-ball games, no buy-ins).

I am starting to think letting ALL missions time out except Rescue (and MAYBE Battle Simulation if it has the laser cannons mod), and going for lots and lots of holodeck simulations (which all but guarantee an artifact), might actually be the safest route to multiple billions on a real machine.

Borg Multiball is almost certainly the best strat in TPA, though.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
On the real machine, my top score is about 3.5 billion, which I've gotten twice -- once through two good Borg Multiballs, and once through Final Frontier (both on 3-ball games, no buy-ins).

I am starting to think letting ALL missions time out except Rescue (and MAYBE Battle Simulation if it has the laser cannons mod), and going for lots and lots of holodeck simulations (which all but guarantee an artifact), might actually be the safest route to multiple billions on a real machine.

Borg Multiball is almost certainly the best strat in TPA, though.
In general, on the real machine I'll play Asteroid Threat (because you only need 3 shots for the artifact and you have your choice of 7 - Beta Quadrant > Spinner > Delta Quadrant and done), Rescue, Search the Galaxy, and Time Warp. If I manage all four, that's 1.4B + 100M/shot when (if!) Final Frontier starts. The only problem is that the local ST:TNG is pretty malevolent...as you can see by the fact that 2.06B is the GC score on it. I've done it with buy-ins - hence the Officer's Club score - but I'm still trying to do it within regulation play.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've yet to figure out where the threshold is for "really bad", since on a real ST:TNG I've heard it when starting ball 3 with 400M. Replay on that ST:TNG is in the low 300s. So I'm doing better than 90% of the full games played on it after only 2 balls, but I'm still doing "really bad"?

I question when "good luck" is whispered now. I was over a billion by ball 3 and I got the whisper. I'm thinking it's just random now.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts