What does "local high score" mean?

Flippy

Jun 8, 2014
Forgive me if this has already been asked -- I can't be the only one with this question.
Searched the forums but couldn't find this.

A lot of my acheivements are "local high score"
& on many of the leaderboards I've got three or four of the spots.
I know I'm not that good but I was wondering exactly what "local" means?

My town? My state?
My neighborhood?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
not sure but i havent seen the new interface yet. possibly just friends listing unless that also shows up orrr it might be a new feature tracking "offine mojo"

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Local high score is what you have on the machine you're playing on. On PC Steam the achievement gets registered once your score is high enough to enter your initials, same on Android and I guess on iOS too.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
The default high scores are local high scores as well of course. Once you beat them, your score becomes the local high score. It's just as I said: The high score (usually top 5), which is achieved on the machine you are playing at, is the local high score. The opposite to this is the leaderboard high score.

Flippy

Jun 8, 2014
So if I am reading this right -- I'm not beating anyone's scores, correct?

Just sort of playing.

It's no great achievement to get top score if it's a "local score"

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
It is an achievement if they are set high :) That's usually not the case though, but I remember having trouble on cactus canyon and Genie....

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
So if I am reading this right -- I'm not beating anyone's scores, correct?

Just sort of playing.

It's no great achievement to get top score if it's a "local score"

well, if you happen to have a son or other family member who plays pinball the local high scores are the way the two of you can keep track of who is the household champ! Think of it like this - the local HS list is what you'd see on a machine sitting in an arcade in Tallahasee in 1980. The "Leaderboard" is what you'd see if that machine were then plugged in to a network with all the other machines in the world and the local HS's were all combined into one big list...

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts