What happens to our tables after season seven?

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I was just wondering,after season seven if farsight decided to stop adding tables what will become of the 90 + tables I purchased. I will have spent $300 plus on tables for iOS. How long will TPA continue to be on the App Store? What happens if I buy a new iPad two years down the road, will I still be able to restore my tables on the new one. We have problems now restoring tables who is going to help three years from now farsight support. Hey it's one thing to spend $5.00 on an app and have the developer go out of business. But when you spend $300 + on an app you want to be sure you will be able to play it 5 years down the road. What if apple changes the resolution of the iPad or the size of the screen who will make changes to the app to support the changes or support a ne version of iOS.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
short answer,

your speculating as usual, but no application will be supported indefinatley as your aware software and hard changes can break software thats outdated thats just how things are. I hope as im sure you do that this is many many years down the road.

you really are kinda a glass half full kind guy!

as an aside as a huge jeff minter fan non of his mobile games work that well on cufrrent ios builds which effectlively cuts me of for someof my most played games, certainly cant be compared in monetary terms but outside of tpa they were my "always loaded" go to games.

again hopefully after tpa is finalized and nolonger updated i do hope we get many years before such an issue or find a work around or viable alternative.

its st paddys week have a beer and play some, que sera sera...whatever will be will be....id bang edith plaith...just sayin

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
$300?! Is it $30 a season? 6 seasons -> $180.

I'm not certain how long it'd be available, but these are the things we should ask before spending "$300" on any particular platform.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well that depends, if you're buying Season Passes, Pro Season Passes (at $40 a pop, that's going to be $280 over 7 seasons!), or individual tables (on iOS, unless you wait until the end of the season, you have to do this).

But let's assume a (non-Pro) Season Pass for Seasons 1 & 2, when they were available "up front" for iOS; that's $60.

Then individual table packs the rest of the way: seasons 3, 4, 5 all had 10 packs @ $5.99, that's another $180.

Season 6 is an oddball, it has 10 "regular" packs @ $5.99, plus Masters Of Time which is $9.99, so that's $70 for the season.

Add that up and it's $310 for Seasons 1 thru 6 on iOS.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
$300?! Is it $30 a season? 6 seasons -> $180.

I'm not certain how long it'd be available, but these are the things we should ask before spending "$300" on any particular platform.
You can't by season passes on IOS I paid $5.39 for each table pack that's 60 x 5.39 = $323.04 + 10 x $5.39 = $53.09 for season 7 add to that money for kick starters your talking $400.00

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Although there is always the possibility of a newer ios update that introduces compatibility issues, the fact it could be pulled from the APPSTORE isn't an issue. Why? That's what backups are for. Everyone of your ipad/iPhone apps can be backed up to your computer, so do take care of that and you should be safe. Keep older IOS devices for future compatibility, which isn't that hard to do since after a few years, you can't update to the newer IOS anyway. In the future, I'd wager there will be emulation of ios devices too so I suspect that will be another way you can enjoy your investment.

In saying that, If you don't have a PC to back up to, or you feel you don't like the idea of having to keep an older device, then really, the Apple ecosystem is not for you.

Season pass: Of course these are available on IOS, all my tables are purchases. The first few years were available via season passes, it's only late that Apple put the kibosh on it. For example, I'm buying Season 6 to get the savings as soon as the last table is out. It requires patience though... :)

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Since I got my PS4 pro in dec I haven't bought past season 1. I've dropped a lot money on this game, having it across several devices so I'm holding off a bit, though may buy season 2 soon seeing it 18 tables before the 10 a season was started with season 3.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Although there is always the possibility of a newer ios update that introduces compatibility issues, the fact it could be pulled from the APPSTORE isn't an issue. Why? That's what backups are for. Everyone of your ipad/iPhone apps can be backed up to your computer, so do take care of that and you should be safe. Keep older IOS devices for future compatibility, which isn't that hard to do since after a few years, you can't update to the newer IOS anyway. In the future, I'd wager there will be emulation of ios devices too so I suspect that will be another way you can enjoy your investment.

In saying that, If you don't have a PC to back up to, or you feel you don't like the idea of having to keep an older device, then really, the Apple ecosystem is not for you.

Season pass: Of course these are available on IOS, all my tables are purchases. The first few years were available via season passes, it's only late that Apple put the kibosh on it. For example, I'm buying Season 6 to get the savings as soon as the last table is out. It requires patience though... :)

Season pass was good for the first season and about a month into season two then Apple stopped it. I don't have any patients.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Nothing we can do about it, so there's no need to worry about it. Enjoy them now, stop thinking years down the road. There will be better pinball sims in 10 years anyway.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
This is a H-O-B-B-Y ... By that very definition, you are not "wasting" $300 (or whatever): You are currently *enjoying* your hobby.

Having said that, I own iOS apps dating back to 2008 that still work even though they are no longer supported (I get the "This app may slow down your iPad Pro" message on the ones no longer supported; but they do still work.) I also own most of the tables on Steam on the PC. I have some apps on that platform that go back two decades(!) that are still working. Not worried about it. As already pointed out on this thread, there will be much better pinball sims available in the future. Probably in five years both iPhones and iPads will be replaced by a "Pen" you keep in your shirt pocket which provides projected 3D holographic virtual desktops on demand. Will you want to play current iOS games on that platform? (BTW, they'll probably still play in "2D compatibility mode" :) )

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
This is a H-O-B-B-Y ... By that very definition, you are not "wasting" $300 (or whatever): You are currently *enjoying* your hobby.

Having said that, I own iOS apps dating back to 2008 that still work even though they are no longer supported (I get the "This app may slow down your iPad Pro" message on the ones no longer supported; but they do still work.) I also own most of the tables on Steam on the PC. I have some apps on that platform that go back two decades(!) that are still working. Not worried about it. As already pointed out on this thread, there will be much better pinball sims available in the future. Probably in five years both iPhones and iPads will be replaced by a "Pen" you keep in your shirt pocket which provides projected 3D holographic virtual desktops on demand. Will you want to play current iOS games on that platform? (BTW, they'll probably still play in "2D compatibility mode" :) )
------------
Future...that's why I continually think of our century as: "The Star Trek Age". ;)

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
On XBOX360 I bought a spare console, set up a new gamertag and bought the whole lot again so I have a back-up if ever XBL for XBOX360 gets pulled or a machine dies there after...

On PS4 and the only reason I bought one was the fact you can buy physical copies of season 1 & 2. Every little helps. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.