Wizard Goals Before Standard Goals - the timeless annoyance

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
The problem with this is: You can't create a save file manually. You need to depend on TPA to create the save file. I just tested it and it seems the save file is not being changed unless you achieve a new high score or any goal.

If you can force the game to create a new save file by achieving any of that, then this solution might work.

Ultimately FarSight really needs to fix this issue. I just sent them a mail, since they don't look into all threads here. The whole cloud save feature is broken for TPA and I think it can't be difficult to fix.

Last edited:

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
The problem with this is: You can't create a save file manually. You need to depend on TPA to create the save file. I just tested it and it seems the save file is not being changed unless you achieve a new high score or any goal.

If it's easier, since Safe Cracker's magic credits are stored in the save file, getting (or spending) a token in that game will update it as well.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
That's interesting, because I was using exactly Safe Cracker Assault on the Vault today to test it. It didn't change anything on the save file. Last change date is still Oct. 9.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Odd, mine updated. 1 game of Assault on the Vault, no high scores broken, just the token spent. We are talking about the HighScores file, yes?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Xanjia, I'll let you work it on my system again this weekend if you want. Gotta try again since the high scores are all in the trillions now (but at least the goals are recovered!)

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Xanjia, I'll let you work it on my system again this weekend if you want. Gotta try again since the high scores are all in the trillions now (but at least the goals are recovered!)

Yes, I read your Steam message. I am sure I know the cause and we will get this sorted.

Odd, mine updated. 1 game of Assault on the Vault, no high scores broken, just the token spent. We are talking about the HighScores file, yes?

No, this is not the one getting synced with Steam. The file which gets synced is the tpaprg.dat in the <Steam Folder>\userdata\<user ID>\238260\remote directory.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah I thought so that in TPA can't save manually. What great motivation - you only get your saves back if you achieve another goal
So maybe your way is easier after all (depending on what goals are still missing)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts