360 - Bug Xbox Live messages blocking the flippers

tripletopper

Jul 18, 2018
Imagine being on a roll, going on a world record on of of Farisght's Gottlieb, Stern, (apparently) Sega, which is defined here as Stern, and if you bought them before the license pull, Bally and Williams, you're on your last ball, going of the JAckpot on Cyclone, you only have a couple seconds left to shoot the jackpot, missing it meansd both resetting the target and then try to hit 3 Cyclones with a maximum of 15 seconds in between them , which is harder to consecutively hit than Comets, the ball comes down the left collect lane, you're readty to shoot...

"Bling" Zophar321 is online now on your Xbox. You see the message. What you don't see is the flippers. You can't accurately gauge when to hit the left flipper.

At best, you'll hold the ball wait until the Xbox message disappears and have to go back and reset the Cyclone. Or if you're daring, you can risk losing your last ball and blindly shoot, which, by definition of being blind, is a VERY low probability shot. If you're quick enough, you may rush to pause it. but then you have to acclimate yourself, try to remember the speed it was going at, which you probably forgot in the rush to pause the game, and even if you make it, some people will "asterisk" your world record.

Another friend of mine never xbox friedns me because he watches lots of Japanimation, and prefers it English subtitled for the accurate emotions in the reading, over the usually poorly acted dubbed, and turns off his Xbox friend notices. So I try to reach bhim. The only way I could reach him was by texting him, and he told me he turned off his messages for that reason.

If you have to turn of Xbox live notices because it disrupts subtitles, (aty least you can rewind the video a few seconds and pause) or worse, the message pops up at the most inconvenient place and time ludistically, (meaning game-play-wise) how do expect for people to socialize while gaming?

Last Time I wrote Farsight about this, they said Xbox doesn't have a feature for game developers to move the Xbox message to a more onvenient place. I noticed the Williams Collection on disc put the social messages in the upper right hand corner, as far away from any action, let alone the crucial action by the flippers. i called Xbox and they said it's up to the game developer to move the Xbox Social message where it would least interfere with gameplay.

So again I ask. 1) Does Xbox let developers move the social message box?

2) If yes, why hasn't Farsight and other Pinball developers done it yet?

3) If no, it's time to flood Xbox's phone and uservoice sub web page, saying foreign subtitle movies and Pinball games are ruined without the flexibility to move Social message, which WAS ON THE 360. They'd rather sacrifice the social message and turn down real live friends than interrupt their movie or game.

No wonder the Xbox One experience is worse than the 360. Most people don't know you're there. I had more fun talking to my friends while they game on their game and I on mine, and occasionally, if we found a game in common with online features, challenge each other, than I do paging my friends and getting no answer.

P.S. There was no Xbox One Bug option, so I chose its closet cousin, 360 bug. 360 is FINE. THE ONE ISN'T. And people think commercials in the middle of the game are more annoying. At least commercials you can always stop by paying for the license, at least my "pay with time or money" option, and don't get me started about Farsight begging for money in mid ball flight if you just have the demo.

Last edited:

tripletopper

Jul 18, 2018
Nightwing, I saw what you originally wrote, because I subscribed to it. You just changed it to "never mind". That's all I'll say.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I just turn off preferences when I'm playing pinball. That's how I work it. I posted as such before realizing what was bothering you - hence my deleted post.

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
My One experience is waaay better than my 360 was. I don't experience anything of what you describe. I've never seen an ad.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I'm pretty sure developers CAN position the popup, fairly sure I have seen it at the top on the odd game, which would be far less intrusive.

They may even be able to put it in a corner but I'm not entirely sure about that.

I doubt very much this version is getting and more patches though.

Members online

Members online