Bug Xbox one retail version: all of the tables (except Frankenstein) are locked

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
On the xbox one retail version of SPA, I cannot play any of the tables on the disc except for Frankenstein. The locked tables ask me to purchase them when I select them. This issue only came up with the most recent update.

I made sure that my disc was in the xbox one drive, I was signed in to my account, and that I launched the game from the disc.

I suspect that it is behaving as if I only downloaded the game from the Xbox one store without making the digital purchase.

Can anyone else with the retail version confirm this?

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
On the xbox one retail version of SPA, I cannot play any of the tables on the disc except for Frankenstein. The locked tables ask me to purchase them when I select them. This issue only came up with the most recent update.

I made sure that my disc was in the xbox one drive, I was signed in to my account, and that I launched the game from the disc.

I suspect that it is behaving as if I only downloaded the game from the Xbox one store without making the digital purchase.

Can anyone else with the retail version confirm this?

It sounds like the addon packs were removed from your console somehow. It is possible to reinstall them from the disc with the following steps:

1. Navigate to the Stern Pinball Arcade disc on the home screen of your XBOX
2. Press the start button
3. In the menu that opens, select "Manage bundle"
4. On the left side, navigate to "Ready to install"
5. Press the "Install all" button

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it from the disc. Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
Thanks Brandon. I got it to work, but I didn't have the option to install the addon packs as they were already listed as "already installed". I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it from the disc like you said. During the install I was prompted to download the updates, I chose "update later. " After the installation completed, I started the game and then installed the required updates, and then everything seemed to work. I think there might have been an issue when I installed the game and tried to update it while the core game was installing.

Thanks for your help.

Members online

Members online