Zen Pinball 2 - Venom Pinball

The Venom pinball table features Eddie Brock as the Symbiote-empowered villain as he faces not just his mortal enemy, Spider-Man, but also the threat of his twisted offspring, Carnage. Can Venom and Spider-Man team up to defeat a greater threat?

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
IMO this table has the same scoring imbalances that plague some of Zen's tables that have many hurry-up options. I could just get the ball into the bumpers hit the Carnage ramp (Ramp on the right of the the SUIT targets) and start hurry-ups. You can basically score most of your points off that if you like Marathon games. Some of the shots on the hurry-ups can be challenging enough to probably balance it out but if you get the flow of the table and know those shots you could ignore the missions/modes if you want to.

Either way you can score decent points on missions/modes as well if you have the patience to start them. Some of the missions/modes like Carnage can score high points as well as Battle. Even SUIT MB can score big points. But the process to start them can be tricky at times.

Not my favorite from Zoltan Vari who created tables like Han solo, Masters of the Force, Fear Itself but still better than others.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Bit late, but I've just played this table and have some thoughts.

I can tell this is from the same designer as Han Solo, as it is far too generous with the ball savers. You have three PERMANENT ball savers that can be activated AT THE SAME TIME. The ball capture saucer is essentially an extra ball that you can get easily. This means that as long as you play safety first, you can marathon the game with ease. I had a game between 2 and 3 hours last night, and that was only a couple of hours into learning the game.

People who are having issues with the mini-playfield - just let the ball bounce around and you'll hit the targets you need eventually. I'm not sure why you find the ramp difficult to hit, though - I find it pretty easy from the left flipper. Plus, that ramp is the key to doing well in that mission as it gives you extra tries. Again, lenient with ball savers.

The only mission I have trouble with is the symbiote planet one, or whatever it is called, as it's a pain to start AND to beat. But I find if you send the ball to the bumpers, get the right inlane, send the ball to the bell ramp, get the left inlane, then send the ball upstairs and flip around for as long as you can, you'll probably get a couple of hits. Hitting the GOO targets is the hardest part of the mission, but they're not impossible to reach.

I got 1.1 billion last night, but didn't manage to beat the wizard mode (activated it twice). Going to try and do that tonight before I leave the table alone. I really like it, but they should be less forgiving with the ball savers. Just remove the ball capture saucer and you've suddenly got a far more balanced game.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Just laid down another two 2+ hour games, and I'm done with the table. My final score is 1.4B - I could honestly have got a lot higher, but I was getting tired, and kind of couldn't be bothered.

This is a fun table, but the big issue is there are far too many ball savers. Including the start-of-ball ball savers, there are six! Three of which are permanent, and completely plug the drain. You have the regular ball saver, the captured ball ball saver (permanent), the two outlane ball savers (also permanent), and the two nudge gates on each outlane (don't get me wrong, it's very satisfying to pull this one off, but it's just an extra unnecessary insurance.

Having a permanent ball saver that blocks all exits is ridiculous enough. Having that and all the other ball savers is a pain. If you play safety first, you're never going to lose. As evident by the insane high scores atop the leaderboards.

Also, the wizard mode is a bit anticlimactic. You get different designed balls, which is nice, but it's a regular multiball with only one lane lit at a time. I spent a while trying to get it (kept choking on the wizard challenge), but felt a bit let down by it.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
That´s the biggest drawback of Zen. Too many ball savers, far too long playtime. Too easy tables are getting boring. And, unfortunately, most of the Zen tables are too easy.
Just compare Venom (ZEN) witch POTO (TPA), they are worlds apart.

By the way, some ZEN tables are great (such as Blade), don´t get me wrong.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
That´s the biggest drawback of Zen. Too many ball savers, far too long playtime. Too easy tables are getting boring. And, unfortunately, most of the Zen tables are too easy.
Just compare Venom (ZEN) witch POTO (TPA), they are worlds apart.

By the way, some ZEN tables are great (such as Blade), don´t get me wrong.

Deadpool, The Walking Dead and A New Hope, all released last year, have decent game times. Butters too, I think. But some, like Venom and Han Solo, just take the mickey.

Members online

Members online