Table of the Week Club...Week 28: ELVIRA AND THE PARTY MONSTERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'll leave the intro to the TotW to someone else this time...

Hello my little lumplings, it's me, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. Ready to get your balls a movin'? Because this week's table features lil ol' me! Yes it's Elvira and the Party Monsters. I've got the barbeque going if you little monsters bring the weenies. No doubt you are excited to think about me all week. Just remember, both hands on the table please!*

Uh, thanks? So with that announcement, we now know all 4 of the tables that will be featured in the season 2 opener. As a reminder, they are:

-The Addams Family
-Party Zone
-Central Park
-Elvira and the Party Monsters

Sign ups will start on Wednesday, August 26th. TotM will be on Saturday, August 29th. And lemme tell ya, FarSight gave us a bucket load of TAF codes to give away on PS3, Xbox 360, TNG on Xbone, and Party Zone on PS4. I'm waiting a response on them giving us Steam and mobile stuff, as those will have to be issued like kickstarter rewards were. And lemme put it to you this way, I've got enough to give one away of each, for every tourney this season! Question is, do I give away all the codes for one system each month, or do I spread it around to 1 each system each month? Hmmmmm. Also, we'll be giving away more custom shooter rods throughout the season, so make sure you play!!

My goal is for us to have 50 players active in one tournament at some point. Please, spread the word to friends you know that play but may not visit the forum. Don't forget, points will be slightly different this season, and this first tourney determines seeding for the next.

*Celebrity endorsement not real. Duh.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Great intro, Cassandra.

Thanks FarSight for the codes!

I just instabought Season 5 on Android (so I could beta test), so hopefully some other mobile folks can get in on the free code frenzy once FarSight can push entitlements out using the FarSight account system.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
How did you do that? I don't see an option for this.
We're testing The Getaway now. S05 entitlements are in the beta.

Tap on The Getaway buy now coin slot and you get the option to buy the season

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Thank you TotW for making me play this again. Had skipped it in the past because I thought it was too ugly and I just had more fun with scared stiff.
Much better to look at in dx11 now, although some inserts are still hard to read.
The table is fun to play and has a nice flow. Also very nice multi ball. You can see where ss got its roots.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
We're testing The Getaway now. S05 entitlements are in the beta.

Tap on The Getaway buy now coin slot and you get the option to buy the season

Ah, ok. I'm not in the beta, that explains it.

@Topic: Not one of my favourites but I like to play it every now and then. 23m as a high score is not incredible, I think I should try to improve this a bit.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Right ramp. Right ramp. Right ramp. ... Extra Ball.

Left ramp. Left ramp. Left ramp. Left ramp. ... 3M at the lock. Left ramp. Left ramp ....

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Left ramp. Left ramp. Left ramp. Left ramp. ... 3M at the lock. Left ramp. Left ramp ....

Isn't the 3 m only if you complete ELVIRA? Imortant for the Tournament: Table should be reset for each game, as the ELVIRA-letter are taken over to the next game.

I've just had "one of the games": End of ball 1: 22 million, still an extra ball ready, 2 instant drains and in the end just 23.6m points, just increasing my high score by 400k.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Left ramp scores decently and you collect 1M there before it awards ELVIRA letters.

It can be very insta-drainy from the jets, so avoid.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
A few quick facts:
- Can't stack EBs. If you collect the score EB you can't collect the Cauldron EB that ball.
- Left ramp maxes at 300K to light the 1M shot.
- All those left ramps + the 3M shot comes out to about 8M per cycle.
- Short-plunge every time for an easy catch on the right flipper.

Currently sitting on 161M on Ball 2 which is already more than 2x my highest to date.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Just finished up a 180+ game which is 4-5x my previous high, I guess I got better at ramps. Playing Taxi a lot has clearly paid off :) nothing much to add to strategy although milking MB is a fun albeit a bit dangerous diversion. Getting a rhytm with two balls shooting for the left ramp gives two party ramps and a 500k "double ball bonus". A bit like the crossover bonus in Taxi but here on the same ramp. No such fun on the right ramp. If you don't collect both ramps in MB, you can milk the left ramp up until million, but now twice as fast and with essentially an insurance ball. Haven't found out if you can collect Elvira letters the same way. Still, playing MB is a risk/reward thing because of quick drains from the bumper area.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
There a trick to hitting the Raise The Dead Heads stand ups on the left? Need to clear those 6 times to collect my last wizard, and I'm lucky to get 2.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
There a trick to hitting the Raise The Dead Heads stand ups on the left? Need to clear those 6 times to collect my last wizard, and I'm lucky to get 2.

You may want to try flipper passing after shooting the right ramp, then making a late right flipper shot to the targets.

Also, you can also collect Special as a random BBQ award. Usually you get it as one of the first awards in a game if you're on your first ball and you have a very low score. I collected that goal this way.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Also, you can also collect Special as a random BBQ award. Usually you get it as one of the first awards in a game if you're on your first ball and you have a very low score. I collected that goal this way.

Ahhh, I'll go for it that way then. There's just no accurate way of consistently hitting those targets. From a trapped ball on the right, a very late flip will sometimes get you "Heads", sometimes it'll hit the slingshot. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a ball make direct contact with one of those targets and it not register.

I did manage to break the ROM at one point. I had multiball going, but hadn't scored a jackpot yet. Two shots on the left ramp, and I lit million. I'm fuzzy on which combination it was, but either I shot the right ramp and then the left, or more likely I shot the left, collected the million, and then in quick succession hit the right ramp and then left again for jackpot. Whatever the case, it happened really fast and the million animation was still displaying on the alpha numerics, and then the whole think went blank. Had to exit out to start back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.